2019 Bahrain GP

[Image: D21l4sCWwAENIGF.jpg]
[Image: D21wC02XQAAOQIi.jpg]

That is some gap, yet in the representative FP2 session, it's very similar gap to last years FP2. So it's all going to come down to what was learnt last year, and how well the teams can manage the tyres. Though, I'm going with carbon copy of last year.

The midfield seem much closer, which is a huge positive, it's no MotoGP which doesn't have a "midfield" and has me seriously hyped for the Argentina race this weekend. But, hopefully, we will get some great midfield battles, constant battles, constant switching. While the front fight out tyre management.

Bobby K is unfortunately performing as exactly as imagined...

Finally, Hulk to RedBull next year : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

[Image: D22p_PsXQAYBnwT.jpg]
A graphic from F1. Backs up what Ferrari have said about having a higher engine mode in play on Friday, maybe. Perhaps they were testing their prolonged deployment issue, that has been briefly mentioned since Aus, or cooling issue tests. because sector time speeds in S2 + S3 were pretty much consistent with everyone else, it was only S1 speed that was higher, which isn't really a straight, and all down to traction and speed carried through T4. I haven't seen the full list of the main speed trap, due to, well, it doesn't exist....

[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I hope the third DRS zone dosen't make it too artificial tomorrow. Don't think it is a good idea personally. I don't see Mercedes making up a half second gap in qualy trim today but the race could be a bit of a lottery.

Interesting that ferrari chose to use two sets of softs in P2. Actually quite smart because, as we all know, P3 conditions aren't representative.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Lewis's car snaking all over the place in FP3, and Ferrari on used Softs still not that far off. They're looking pretty solid so far.

Hulkenberg is flying. But those McLarens are on the mediums.

Verstappen puts one together. I think there's still set up work for Mercedes and Ferrari.

Yeah... Ferrari are rapid. They'll have Merc and RBR worried with that pace, engine modes and fuel loads be damned. That's quick.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Can we put to bed the ridiculous comments made about how far Ferrari were behind Mercedes/Bottas now in Melbourne! The gap between them was nearly all tyre and strategy related.

Track clearly suits Ferrari better than Mercedes its going to be back and forth all year which is what we all want to see.

If Leclerc out qualifies Vettel will he be forced to let him pass... I think he will have to move over!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

NeilP I don't think anyone was writing Ferrari off after Melbourne. I certainly wasn't, I even said I expected them to hit back in Bahrain.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Yeah, damage limitation for Mercdes this weekend I fear. Didn't get to watch P3. but I can see the times.

Hope Charlie gets pole. But that would be a real smack in the chops for Maxwell as he (surprisingly) hasn't bagged a pole yet.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

What a sodding wreck FP3 was, I don't think there was one replay that was shown without error, either too late, dodgy camera, cars running backwards. Sky F1 over crowding had Ant D and PDi constantly tripping over each other. Karun has certainly brought his wild assumptions with him from C4. At least Ted always posed assumptions as questions.

Anyway
[Image: D26Jc7LW0AA1e3G.jpg]
A testing session complete. Gaps nearly the same as last years FP3, only this time RedBull aren't involved at the top.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Yeah, Karin is already annoying the hell out of me.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(30-03-2019, 02:05 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  NeilP I don't think anyone was writing Ferrari off after Melbourne. I certainly wasn't, I even said I expected them to hit back in Bahrain.

Nobody on here was writing them off that is true but all the "Experts" were telling us how far behind they were after the first race which anyone with a brain knew was not the case. In most (most) cases I think what people say here is more credible and less sensational than the journalistic crap of many so called professional media outlets.

I agree with Morini this is a damage limitation race for Mercedes but who knows come race time what will happen. As a Mercedes fan I will be interested to watch the battle between Bottas and Hamilton just as much as the Ferrari one between Vettel and Leclerc
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post