F1 "Future Vision" plans

Assen might be more suitable, although not 100% sure, been some time since I saw anything there, but if memory serves me right it too has some Mickey mouse kinks in the straights that'd be single file running and I'm not sure it's suitable either. Cashing in of Max's popularity is one thing, but I think it'd be a mistake to have a race on the calendar just because of Max. It has to add to the spectacle of F1, the same is true of any new addition to the calendar.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Assen would be no better, because it is amazing for bikes. Luckily it has been ruled out, so will remain pristine for bikes : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 5 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(22-03-2019, 05:42 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Assen might be more suitable,

While possibly being more suitable, my vote is .....eh, f*ck NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thankfully as Hesh stated it was ruled out, soz F1  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

No I agree lads. F1 chews up enough tracks, I'm just really not sure about Zandvoort. A Dutch friend has said they're talking about it being the old large loop not the new dinky joke, but even then it's too narrow and just wouldn't provide good racing.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(22-03-2019, 08:05 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  No I agree lads. F1 chews up enough tracks, I'm just really not sure about Zandvoort. A Dutch friend has said they're talking about it being the old large loop not the new dinky joke, but even then it's too narrow and just wouldn't provide good racing.

100% agree Jody, I was there a loooong time ago, it was/is very, very narrow.

edit: that said I would probably go just for the atmosphere should it get the green light....not sure I would bring the Ferrari flag though Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I'm glad you boys have put that idea to bed. Assen was / is always a top bike track, but if they want F1 in the Netherlands Assen certainly isn't it. Great to ride on the playstaion tho :-) Perhaps its time for a new track? If Max has enough media powerbehind him, perhaps they can justify it?

Just let someone other than Tilke design it this time ;-)

New tracks don't have to be shit. Look at COTA, another like that (in Europe) could only be a good thing. No?
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Malaysia and Turkey were great too Morini. Not a fan of many, but along with CotA Tilke got those right. Fucked up Korea, India, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi... China I'm still not sure about. It provides some great races at times, but has zero atmosphere. Tilke has got more wrong than right, but I'd welcome Malaysia and Turkey back with open arms, with these cars the racing would be great.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Don't care what you lot say I want a race at Zandvoort, cant we get them to make the cars smaller? Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I'd be happy for there to be a race in Holland, I really would, and if they can bring Zandvoort up to snuff then great, but honestly I think it'd need a hell of a lot of work. If it is the original loop maybe I can see it being turned into a half decent circuit, but by God it would need a lot of money.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

It seems like we have been here before but here we go again...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/47691443

I truly dont know how I feel about all of this. The distribution of prize money I have no issue with making needed changes. Spending caps I am not a fan of. At the risk of repeating myself many times I dont want to see a totally level playing field there are plenty of other racing formats if you want this scenario.

The very DNA of Formula 1 is at stake here and I am not sure Liberty Media are going to handle it well enough.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post