Fantasy/Dream Team 2018 season

Words cannot describe how I feel, on this, Groesjean should be guillotined, I'll leave it to 2 of my esteemed colleagues, to express how I feel today, 1st clip is 11 seconds, the second is 1 minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGyjIfqSBk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWYFxekoAsM

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(24-11-2018, 11:58 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Edit: I never thought to check, as I'm not in that race, but lying b4st4rd, Forza.  The truth will set you free, you Lewis lover  Big Grin

Good evening gents, Eh? What did I lie about fog?....I said from the off I had the little prick as one of my drivers (as many have pointed out he has had little to no competition this year....you know the story....Seb is not a top tier driver etc etc)...I only binned him this round after your comment and replaced him with Fernando. Having binned Tupac I made the mistake of promoting Bottas as captain....that worked out well....finnish gobshite let me down big time.  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(25-11-2018, 09:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(24-11-2018, 11:58 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

What did I lie about fog?.

I don't know if you're serious bud, I did have the thought, that maybe when I was checking things last night, that I wasn't seeing, each players updated teams, but I did post my real team and I'll repeat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGyjIfqSBk

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

(25-11-2018, 10:45 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I don't know if you're serious bud, I did have the thought, that maybe when I was checking things last night, that I wasn't seeing, each players updated teams, but I did post my real team and I'll repeat

Yeah bud I binned the little shit for the last race and brought in ol Mr Monobrow as a fare ye well gesture, kept Seb, LeClerc and Bottas ©....(almost had the hulk as opposed to Charlieboy though....thank feck I changed my mind last min) prob wont show the updated result/team until tomorrow morning some time.

ps. the © beside Bottas is for captain......not the 4 letter word beginning with C that I called him during the race (and most of the season to be fair)  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-11-2018, 11:48 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  ....thank feck I changed my mind last min) prob wont show the updated result/team until tomorrow morning some time.

LOL.  I ruined my whole season in one race.  As posted above, that was my real team.  I had, Max as team captain, (Phew)

That's as good as it gets.  My other drivers were, The Hulk, Kimi, and Ocon. I think I've lost out to everyone.  But hey, think I may still beat Morini and Jody.  If I don't manage that, may have to hang myself, LOL Smile

Arrrghhh, Balls, Morini got me.  Just held off Jody, and Paps overall

Feckin Ian got 5th.  I'm not suited to doing DT's, I'm a very bad loser.  LOL  Cry

(26-11-2018, 12:53 AM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Arrrghhh, Balls, Morini got me. 

Not to rub it in, but (I might add) not making a single change throughout the year. Team MM started and finished the season with the same personnel (like wot a proper team does).
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(26-11-2018, 09:11 AM)morini Wrote:  
(26-11-2018, 12:53 AM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Arrrghhh, Balls, Morini got me. 

Not to rub it in, but (I might add) not making a single change throughout the year. Team MM started and finished the season with the same personnel (like wot a proper team does).

Yup! I should have done the same Morini……..

It seems Shitfaced tinkering isn't the best way to decide my team...……  Maybe somebody should tell Claire Williams & Zak Brown Haha    Laughing

A very big congratulations to Hesh, F1 Banter Champion 2018.    Cool Thumbsup Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

That draws to a close the SkyF1 & F1Banter forums community Fantasy league. It was great having you all involved, even if some were more passive than others : P

It was a great season for FT. Especially the first half, lots of upsets, rollercoaster form guide. That was reflected in our league, it was very fluid, up to round 12 there was a change for the lead after nearly every round. The midfield battle raged onto the end, great to watch.

You said you went "bold" for the final round Fog, I certainly commend that, when I saw the results last night I did sympathise for you (abit), sometimes its just the way she goes.

Thanks PapaOG. As a bit of a veteran at this, knowing the mechanics and pricing theme, I feel a bit guilty for the top spot. To me this season was all about "don't favour the favourites" this I learnt and applied for Germany, the rain came for 3 rounds and gifted me top spot. Then it was stick with Merc & Lewis as their price just rocketed.

I'd like to do it again next year, hopefully with everyone again, and much more from the SkyF1 site. I'd like to use the same Dream Team site. If they make the official F1 Fantasy League more interesting we may migrate, but we can make that decision as a collective. You'll all have some experience with this league and know how it works. How to get your team to make you money, and subsequently get more of the best. 2019 initial pricing might be really challenging!

Great game, and thanks.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Thanks again Hesh for getting this set up and all the pointers along the way, really enjoyed this (and all the chat/wind up`s it created) as each race/season progressed, just wish I had pulled my finger out and joined the moto gp one also.....will definitely sign up for both next year!

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-11-2018, 12:53 AM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Arrrghhh, Balls, Morini got me.  Just held off Jody, and Paps overall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXKJolS9Atg

I'm not a bad loser, - Drat !, Double Drat ! & Triple Drat !   Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Congratulations Fog, winner of our rivalry, see you also got unlucky in the league also, well played Sir.   Cool   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post