2018 United States GP

Two DNFs and an 8th place if Vettel wins the last 3 races.

(21-10-2018, 09:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I still point out that RBR from 2010 to 2013 had a similar delta gap to the rest that the Mercedes had between 2014 and 2016. It is a mathematical fact. He had s number 2 driver in Webber who was in my opinion no better than Bottas, arguably very similar levels of performance between Bottas and Webber, just solid midfield drivers, not even second tier, and how many times did he really struggle to close out the WDC? Seb is not in the same league in my opinion as the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen. He just isn't. Again today he is super clumsy trying to get past Ricciardo who gave him more than enough room. I'd chuck Ricciardo and Leclerc ahead of him for sure as well, and arguably Ocon for me. I think Gasly might also prove to be ultimately better than him. If he's not back on it in 2019 we might see Seb retiring from F1 before Kimi Räikkönen.

I will wait and see how he turns up for 2019 before committing, to say Gasly, LeClerc and Ocon are better than Seb that would not be my view,no way for me. But I know that’s how you feel JB and respect your opinion
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(21-10-2018, 09:30 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I still point out that RBR from 2010 to 2013 had a similar delta gap to the rest that the Mercedes had between 2014 and 2016. It is a mathematical fact. He had s number 2 driver in Webber who was in my opinion no better than Bottas, arguably very similar levels of performance between Bottas and Webber, just solid midfield drivers, not even second tier, and how many times did he really struggle to close out the WDC? Seb is not in the same league in my opinion as the likes of Hamilton, Alonso and Verstappen. He just isn't. Again today he is super clumsy trying to get past Ricciardo who gave him more than enough room. I'd chuck Ricciardo and Leclerc ahead of him for sure as well, and arguably Ocon for me. I think Gasly might also prove to be ultimately better than him. If he's not back on it in 2019 we might see Seb retiring from F1 before Kimi Räikkönen.

Wouldn't argue with any of that. He was no great shakes in any junior formula either and (apart from one wet monza TR showing) he's not done one F1 race which stands out to me as being "special". I know people will think I'm down on the bloke, but for me he is not in the same class as Hamilton.

(21-10-2018, 09:35 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Two DNFs and an 8th place if Vettel wins the last 3 races.

Thanks for clarifying. Unlikely  Wink

Everyone knows LH has won but he got that taken by a 39yr old and the new champion elect outside of Mercedes drivers! No stupid jump for Mr Ham and class by Kimi “did you win championship”? Kimis day Lewis’s in Mexico I reckon

Where is Mr Paps this weekend??

I reckon poor Mr Ricciardo is in a really dark place atm why is it only his car breaking down of late?? Going to Renault can’t be exactly an exciting prospect right now! He has had it hard recently

Loved the dummy by Kimi to box, even Lewis says it got him on his post interview.
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

If I were Ricciardo I'd be suicidal. Talk in the paddock is the spec 3 Honda was 40 bhp up on the Spec C Renault, when the Spec C Renault actually worked properly. This Spec 4 Honda unit is supposedly according to Honda 25 bhp better than their Spec 3 engine, and worst still for Renault they're (Honda) rushing to get a Spec 5 engine with much better ERS and batteries to Toro Rosso before the end of the season. If Honda start early testing a Spec 5 engine towards the end of the year then expect them to be pretty solid at the start of 2019. If that is the case and Renault basically start from scratch with their FOURTH different engine architecture in 2019 then I think it could well be Grimsville for Renault and Ricciardo, will he have done a Hamilton, or an Alonso?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(21-10-2018, 09:53 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   I think it could well be Grimsville for Renault and Ricciardo, will he have done a Hamilton, or an Alonso?

Erm Alonso moment no doubt

Lots Of Laughs guys:

No prizes for guessing when Forza said, FFFuuuuuuuccck.
That said, this was all completely down to Ted Kravitz - he pissed off, Kimi's wife Mintu, in a press briefing, explained, and apologised for, in his quali notebook, haha

Entertainment:

Dallas cheerleaders, cool

Guy parachuting in with trophy, cool

Helicopters during the Anthem, not my thing, I half expected flight of the valkyries to come on, not a great image for F1 in my book, and yes I know the red arrows do a fly over, but that’s a display team, that looked more like a show of force, that said, a lot better than the boxer announcer. They're getting there

did anyone hear the audio coming through? some guy going, “nimh, . . . nihm. . . nihm, nihm nihm” as the cars passed, LOL, had to be an American, hilarious

Entertainment afterwards, is . . . Britney spears, Wow, from the town that gave us Bill Hicks, LOL, I know what he’d say about that, haha

Team radio:

Kimi: “Yeah, lets not do anything stupid eh, ”, first time for everything . . . “well done my friend. . . Kimi - “yeah thanks, f**k me, finally,” lol, nearly lost my bear again, haha

As for the GP:

Seb, you're a fecking numpty, awesome drive from Max, Lewis calling for blue flags, half a lap before he even caught them, WTF, I get it though, get in there

And get the fuck in there, though perhaps a bit anonymous in the race, the Hulk and Sainz, FFuuuuuck you Haas / SF B team, haha

I'm not usually so course, but it's getting close to the wire, so feck you Haas.

Morini, not to have a big thing about it, I too would like and am glad to see Kimi go out on a high, but the value Kimi can bring to a team like Ferrari part 2, sorry, I meant Sauber, is invaluable, compared to a rookie driver, Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(21-10-2018, 10:02 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Lots Of Laughs guys:

No prizes for guessing when Forza said,  FFFuuuuuuuccck.
That said, this was all completely down to Ted Kravitz - he pissed off, Kimi's wife Mintu, in a press briefing, explained, and apologised for, in his quali notebook, haha

Entertainment:

Dallas cheerleaders, cool

Guy parachuting in with trophy, cool

Helicopters during the Anthem,  not my thing, I half expected flight of the valkyries to come on, not a great image for F1 in my book, and yes I know the red arrows do a fly over, but that’s a display team, that looked more like a show of force, that said, a lot better than the boxer announcer. They're getting there

did anyone hear the audio coming through? some guy going, “nimh, . . . nihm. . . nihm, nihm nihm” as the cars passed, LOL, had to be an American, hilarious

Entertainment afterwards, is . . . Britney spears, Wow, from the town that gave us Bill Hicks, LOL, I know what he’d say about that, haha

Team radio:

Kimi: “Yeah, lets not do anything stupid eh, ”, first time for everything . . . “well done my friend. . . Kimi - “yeah thanks, f**k me, finally,” lol, nearly lost my bear again, haha

As for the GP:

Seb, you're a fecking numpty, awesome drive from Max, Lewis calling for blue flags, half a lap before he even caught them, WTF, I get it though, get in there

And get the fuck in there, though perhaps a bit anonymous in the race, the Hulk and Sainz, FFuuuuuck you Haas / SF B team, haha

I'm not usually so course, but it's getting close to the wire, so feck you Haas.

Morini, not to have a big thing about it, I too would like and am glad to see Kimi go out on a high, but the value Kimi can bring to a team like Ferrari part 2, sorry, I meant Sauber, is invaluable, compared to a rookie driver, Smile

I said to Forza in forum bout that guy I heard in on Ch4 was you watching that or Sky it was making me laugh though! Nothing wrong with the Apache and Chinooks all we needed was a few hellfires released into Mercs garage and would of been awesome :Smileyou missed Alonso “you cannot race with these guys” guess who yep the dough bag that is Stroll

(21-10-2018, 10:02 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Entertainment afterwards, is . . . Britney spears, Wow, from the town that gave us Bill Hicks, LOL, I know what he’d say about that, haha

Hey Channel 4 is much better coverage on race day, plus you got Richard Ashcroft at the end rather than that shit song on Sky!!
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(21-10-2018, 10:02 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Morini, not to have a big thing about it, I too would like and am glad to see Kimi go out on a high, but the value Kimi can bring to a team like Ferrari part 2, sorry, I meant Sauber, is invaluable, compared to a rookie driver, Smile

Fog, you've got me wrong, I'm relaxed(ish) about Kimi going to Sauber. I like Kimi, but he's almost 40 and there are drivers who might miss out on a chance in F1 because he hangs on for a few more years. It's a tough environment to get a break.

My suggestion, all teams have a third car which has nothing to do with the main event, There is a seperate "WDC" for team test drivers who race in the spare car and hour before the prper F1 race. The teams would get to see who to put in next years F1 car.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post