2018 Japanese GP

(09-10-2018, 11:31 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  What I find funny is the contrast between post race threads of F1 and MotoGP.
In MotoGP we're all beaming because we were treated to such a spectacle.
In F1, we bicker and argue over such trivial things because the sport leaves us empty. That the above has been the biggest talking point from an entire race weekend, Vettel performing the slightest of aggressive racing moves.

Hesh you have just echoed exactly what I had said last night to another member via pm, I dont think there has been one single disagreement nor a narky comment in the mgp thread (admittedly not as many use the thread) as we all come away with the feeling we have watched something special and exciting....that same feeling I havent been getting from f1 in a looooong time unfortunately.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

When I look up on the names that appear on this board now, I look upon them as friends of a fashion not just user names. You dont beat up on your friends. It is perfectly okay to disagree but you need to remember a few things; You rarely if ever change peoples opinions. None of us are experts and have the inside knowledge on exactly what is going on in F1. We all follow the sport for different reasons be they teams, drivers or a pure love of the sport. There is room for everyone and indeed more.

Lets try harder to get back to being a really cool discussion group, I will make the first sacrifice by stop beating up on Forza! (at least for a while)
[+] 6 users Like NeilP's post

(09-10-2018, 02:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  When I look up on the names that appear on this board now, I look upon them as friends of a fashion not just user names.

Lets try harder to get back to being a really cool discussion group, I will make the first sacrifice by stop beating up on Forza! (at least for a while)

Cheers Neil, and here is my olive branch in return  Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Papa's Flap Jacks should be mandatory in this mad house lol. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-10-2018, 04:11 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Papa's Flap Jacks should be mandatory in this mad house lol.   Tongue

I dont think you could keep up with the demand buddy Wink

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-10-2018, 01:26 AM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(09-10-2018, 12:16 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  Christ, now can we get back to our common enemy and bitch about how bad the weather is? Or politics, who does not like a safe discussion about politics?

Why did you have to bring Christ into it?   You fecked up my friend LOL, posted this before, can get political if you prefer hahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkUpfw4Hf3w

As a atheist I use Christ however I want. Try it, it's great!

And to get political:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjnrOOgokZg
I'm not even British (not sure if you are I admit) and feel uncomfortable watching this. I mean, really?

But this crap of mine should not be in this thread. Sorry fellows...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

[/quote]

As a atheist I use Christ however I want. Try it, it's great!

And to get political:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjnrOOgokZg
I'm not even British (not sure if you are I admit)  . .
[/quote]

LOL, Anti, if I have to pick an identity other than - "A Person", I'm Northern Irish, haha, and as such have a twisted sense of humour and a particular outlook on life, politics and national identity, but I think we have all proved on here, and in life in general, anyone can be a prick, me included, and equally anyone can be a great guy, no mater where you are from.

That said just to get back on topic, I've seen on youtube several pieces, saying that in the Japanese GP, Seb had nothing to lose, going for the attack on Max into that corner, if he waited for the pit stops it would have put no pressure on Lewis / Valteri and Merc in general.

Just to clarify, my point when saying in my post race analysis of Sebs driving, I don't believe he should have waited until the pit stops, just, not tried "that" move, on Max in that "corner, he could have waited until later on the circuit, again, when going for a title you need to be clinical - I stand by my point that, Sebs driving these last 2 years, is not that of a deserving 4 time WDC, lets remember which bracket that puts him in, Prost, who was up against Senna, Fangio, Schumacher, and yes Lewis

Does anyone really think Seb belongs in that bracket?  While the like of  G. Hill, Senna, others and Yes, Alonso, don't belong there Smile

Edit: I love listening to team radio LL - I love a good bicker and gripe, in fact me and one of my brothers, used to get called, "Bicker and Gripe" - LOL, but as you say it's different in print

Neil:  Never stop beating up on Forza, he can take it Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Neil:  Never stop beating up on Forza, he can take it 

You are right Foggy and in any case I never specified for how long did I, I think half a day is enough to make my point.  Smile

[attachment=170]
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

Hey here is a proper overtake at Suzuka involving two magnificent pros

https://youtu.be/yLZLxT1ZEPA

Balls to do that one indeed

But this sounds a whole fuck load better

https://youtu.be/WzK9WPUNAWs
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

(08-10-2018, 09:53 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...e/3191641/

Sebastian Vettel wants to speak to Max Verstappen in private, rather than get involved in a public war of words, about his defensive driving in Formula1.

Guessing Max will tell Sebastian to feck off lol Tongue

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/2955/...el-advice/

Verstappen won't listen to Vettel advice

[b]Max Verstappen has invited Sebastian Vettel to pass on any advice he wishes to after their collision at the Japanese Grand Prix which cost the Ferrari  driver, but the Dutchman has warned his rival that he is unlikely to put any of it into action.[/b]

Verstappen says Vettel is yet to get in touch, but says he won't pay too much mind to anything he is told.
"He has not called me yet, but I do not have anything to say to him," Verstappen said.

"It's great that he calls me, but I cannot do so much with him. He can talk what he wants, but if I do something with it is a different story."

Thought so Haha    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post