Valteri Bottas

(11-11-2021, 08:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(11-11-2021, 08:11 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  You really think there is any respect for Bottas at Mercedes?

Toto and Hamilton just blamed poor Bottas for letting Verstappen pass in Mexico.

I hope so, he's been a good no2/wingman & helped out almost every time he's been asked, 
I wish him well at Alfa Romeo.

Just for balance.

Is this respectful?

Sergio Perez has revealed Red Bull “gave” him Max Verstappen’s damaged rear wing for qualifying, the Mexican driver saying his car was “never the same again”.

Perez, who was almost half a second down on pole-sitter Valtteri Bottas, has since stated that part of his deficit was down to Red Bull’s decision to give him the wing that Verstappen ran in FP3, even though the Dutchman had a “problem with” it.

“The car was not the same as the one in the third practice session after we had to change the rear wing, but we made a couple of adjustments in the session,” Perez said as per the Spanish edition of Motorsport.com.

“Max had a problem with his wing in FP3 and they gave that wing to me and, I don’t know, from the first qualifying round on the car was never the same again.”

They are both no 2's whether they like it or not, Mercedes rightly prioritise Lewis as Red Bull rightly prioritise Max.

How is this different from Yuki being thrown under the bus by short spice?

Imo both boss's with hindsight may regret what they said, but for the fan factor....... 

Hope the bun fight continues!   Wink

I was attacking Mercedes, not defending Red Bull.
I also think it was not [EDIT] respectful what they said about Tsunoda. Just plain stupid thing to do from Red Bull if you ask me.
The rear wing thing was actually different from what Perez told I believe. There was something wrong with both wings and engineers build two new wings from the best parts, giving the better result to Verstappen naturally. Perez is number 2 and it would be weird if not.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

Messages In This Thread
Valteri Bottas - by NeilP - 24-07-2021, 12:43 AM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by PapaofGags - 06-09-2021, 01:13 PM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by NeilP - 06-09-2021, 01:14 PM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by forzaferrari - 09-11-2021, 11:21 PM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by NeilP - 10-11-2021, 01:37 AM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by Antilochos - 11-11-2021, 08:11 PM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by PapaofGags - 11-11-2021, 08:34 PM
RE: Valteri Bottas - by Antilochos - 11-11-2021, 10:18 PM