What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel

I refrained from coming in too early on this thread as I know I have a reputation as a Vettel basher and I thought it better to give others a chance to give their views. I admit I am very critical of him, but only because I have watched his races right throughout his career and I honestly think he is missing some important ingredients to be classed right up there with the best. He is a four times WDC and nobody can take that away from him, I have zero WDC so my opinions are just that, opinons. Just for the record, I think he is a cracking person with a great sense of humour and a very strong moral compass. In other words, a really nice guy. We aren't discussing his character here.

Back on F1 topic, when he has the right car under his arse he is as fast as anyone over one lap. He also has well proven credentials for leading races from the front, that is undisputed. Where he shows weakness is when under pressure from within his own team and also in wheel to wheel combat fighting for on track position with other teams. During his RBR glory years he did not really have any inter team threat so was free do do his thing out front. He did that very well indeed, nobody can argue otherwise. When Dan Ricciardo became his team mate at the start of the hybrid era the cracks did not take long to appear. That season was all anyone needed to show that Seb does not respond well to a strong team mate and any internal competition.

I like him as a person, but amongst his current peers I would rate him as nothing more than average (we are blessed with a lot of very talented drivers in this era). I know that is harsh, especially given his past impressive record, but there are just too many on the current grid I would place ahead of him on racecraft. Very, very good F1 driver, not in the top tier.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Messages In This Thread
What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by NeilP - 12-05-2019, 05:57 PM
RE: What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by forzaferrari - 12-05-2019, 06:11 PM
RE: What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by Jody Barton - 12-05-2019, 06:33 PM
RE: What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by forzaferrari - 12-05-2019, 06:43 PM
RE: What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by Antilochos - 12-05-2019, 06:54 PM
RE: What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by Jody Barton - 12-05-2019, 07:02 PM
RE: What has gone wrong with Sebastian Vettel - by morini - 12-05-2019, 08:31 PM