Last race at Sao Paulo

Let's be clear the Autodromo José Carlos Pace (aka Interlagos) is one hell of an old school circuit with buckets, and buckets of history. I for one will be very, very sad to see it fall from the Calendar. It has provided great racing throughout the years and came alive again during this wider car era ironically as there seemed to be over taking spots everywhere around the circuit in 2017 and 18. However, it's a mess, and needs serious investment as it is falling apart at the seams. There's also serious levels of crime around the circuit, and I was warned away from going to the race by a number of Sao Paulo natives I know a few years ago, and hearing the levels of violence and crime around the race... I'm very glad I didn't go that year despite the invite. However, no of that will be any different in Rio, I know a few people who were mugged and robbed at gun point during the Rio Olympics, so that won't be solved by a change of venue / city. As I understand it though it will be a proper racetrack this time not another street circuit, so I'll wait and see what the plans are. A German friend said it looked like another Tilke pick and mix track with a Copse, Maggots and Becket's section leading into a La Source type corner, or maybe the other way round. I guess stealing corners from other tracks worked for him at CotA, but I'll wait and see.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Messages In This Thread
Last race at Sao Paulo - by Monster Hesh - 08-05-2019, 08:39 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by NeilP - 08-05-2019, 10:58 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by Jody Barton - 09-05-2019, 12:41 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by forzaferrari - 09-05-2019, 12:50 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by Jody Barton - 09-05-2019, 01:14 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by Monster Hesh - 09-05-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by Jody Barton - 09-05-2019, 08:42 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by morini - 09-05-2019, 09:22 PM
RE: Last race at Sao Paulo - by Antilochos - 12-05-2019, 01:33 PM