Poll: What would you prefer to see? - You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lewis winning a WDC with Ferrari
60.00%
60.00%
Mercedes winning a WDC with a new driver
40.00%
40.00%
* You voted for this item. Show Results

Someone just posed me an interesting question on Facebook...

(14-04-2019, 01:24 PM)morini Wrote:  
(14-04-2019, 09:58 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Just been asked a really interesting question by somebody on Facebook, after I queried whether the Lewis and Merc domination is good for F1. So what would you prefer to see?

Me personally? Lewis winning at Ferrari, because at least then we'd know where he stood in the sport no questions asked. Although breaking up the Lewis / Mercedes partnership is not looking likely any time soon.

I've said before I'd love to see Lewis win a WDC for Ferrari, but nothing to do with knowing where he stood in the sport. He's done enough in my opinion to stand right up there with the best even if he retired tomorrow. He's already won WDC's with more than one team (and there aren't many who have done that). Imagine if he wins the next two with Merc then switches to Ferrari and wins an 8th in red. That would be something.

Wink

If he did that Morini there'd be no arguing he was the best the sport has seen. It's one of the reasons I'd like to see him win in red, I do think he's arguably the best right now, but if he sticks at Mercedes and just keeps raking the WDC's in then there will be a question mark for many as to whether it was him or the car. Win at Ferrari and I think anyone saying otherwise could be fairly accused of sour grapes. My actual preference though? Is for a new WDC in a different team. I've had enough of being impressed with Mercedes, I'll be brutally honest with you.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Messages In This Thread