Perez future at Point Racing

A10- Spanish Archer, not heard that for aeons LOL !!!

Repeat what I have already said about Perez driving in Singapore he should be getting a one race ban no question about it.

I think if it was down to pure driving ability and I ran Force India I would keep Ocon and drop Perez. There are three issues here as far as I see it:

A) Perez actions pushed the company into liquidation from my understanding. If that is true did he do it out of pure self interest or was that with the knowledge and understanding of the group that took over. IE Do they owe him?

B) He is in many respects a pay driver, I would say he is/was good enough to be in F1 anyway but it is known he brings bags of cash to the team. So, do the new team need or want that money.

C) Having brought a team do the Stroll family think by keeping Perez it takes pressure off Lance because in my eyes if Ocon stays he will beat him soundly.

Stroll will not be moving over until next season. It was rumoured that Mercedes threatened to withdraw the engine supply line unless they kept him until at least the end of the year. How true that is I dont know but it was a genuine paddock rumour. (Joe Saward)

Messages In This Thread
Perez future at Point Racing - by A10Tankbuster - 20-09-2018, 09:09 AM
RE: Perez future at Point Racing - by Jody Barton - 20-09-2018, 10:40 AM
RE: Perez future at Point Racing - by NeilP - 21-09-2018, 07:04 PM