Sponsorship/ Advertising in F1

(28-02-2018, 10:19 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Sorry Fog, only just caught this.

Yep I agree with all of that, and as usual Jody hits the nail on the head. personally I'd ban a lot of advertising tactics by the large corporations, the betting thing is a huge issue, there's reason sweets a placed on the bottom shelves in supermarkets for example. The main issue is that corporate culture is the way the world works now. Recently exemplified by SF and Williams blocking an extra day of testing because it wasn't in their interest, to the detriment of the sport, Horner has said this repeatedly, he doesn't work for F1 he works for Red Bull and so is incentivised to get the best for RB not necessarily the sport.

here's one other example of what corporate culture does - some clever cloggs working for Walmart, realised given the No. of staff they have, they could work out a formula, based on age, lifestyle etc, that they could determine a large enough amount of their staff who were likely to die. So they now take out life insurance policies on a selected amount of their workers, so they are now effectively betting on their employees deaths, with payouts generally around the $100, 000 mark. And No they don't give the families anything,

Case 2) Brazil passed a law that you could not drink inside Football stadiums to reduce violence, this was extremely effective, however because FIFA is sponsored by Budweiser, it was a stipulation that the Brazilian Government overturn this law if they were to award them the world cup

3) Don't even get me started on Mickey Dee's

No Snowflake by any means, but there are some things get my goat, look what's happening with plastic at the minute, but just 20 or 30 years ago if you'd seen some guy with a canvas shopping bag, you'd have said he was some green peace eco warrior nut, guess what those nuts were right, and we are at least 40 years behind these issues

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

Messages In This Thread
Sponsorship/ Advertising in F1 - by Foghorn Leghorn - 27-02-2018, 07:47 PM
RE: Sponsorship/ Advertising in F1 - by Purple-banana - 28-02-2018, 10:19 AM
RE: Sponsorship/ Advertising in F1 - by forzaferrari - 28-02-2018, 11:29 AM
RE: Sponsorship/ Advertising in F1 - by Jody Barton - 28-02-2018, 05:27 PM
RE: Sponsorship/ Advertising in F1 - by Foghorn Leghorn - 28-02-2018, 06:42 PM