2022 Spanish GP

You should know me better than that Forza. The Hamilton haters are out in force everywhere. He postured the question at no stage did he say i want to retire the car he
merely asked if retiring the car to save the engine was something that the team could consider. Bono told him 8th place was still possible and he got on with it. I know where you stand on him and thats your decision. As regards tge incident it was a racing incident as deemed by the stewards but he had no shot at completing that move.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Max Verstappen was “eight seconds” away from a pit lane start as Red Bull, it has been claimed, needed to bring his fuel up to temperature in Spain.

With the Spanish Grand Prix taking place in swelteringly hot conditions, Red Bull are suspected to have cooled the fuel for both RB18s below Sunday’s minimum of 25°C.

That meant they had to bring it up to temperature before either car could leave the pits, which turned into a race against time.

According to Auto Motor und Sport, the “fuel temperature in the two Red Bulls did not meet the prescribed value when the pit lane was opened 40 minutes before the start” of Sunday’s race.

As such while their rivals did practice laps on the way to the grid, Verstappen and Sergio Perez sat in their respective garages as Red Bull ran their cars’ engines to raise the fuel temperature.

Fuel temperature is decided by the ambient temperature two hours before the race minus 10 degrees.

But given that Honda are said to have problems in hot races if the fuel temperature rises too much, AMuS reports that Red Bull prefer to “cool down the fuel as much as possible beforehand because with a lower starting value it stays cooler over the entire race”.

Verstappen was the last driver to make it onto the grid, leaving the pits with “eight seconds” to spare.

The FIA, though, told The Race that Red Bull’s fuel temperature was always above the legal minimum, something Ferrari doubt.

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto said: “I can imagine it [the late pit exit] was down to the fuel temperature.

“They need to be a maximum 10°C below the ambient. It should be at all times during the event. So not only when the car is going out but when the car is in the garage itself.

“I can only trust the FIA.

“It’s difficult to understand that they were maybe heating up the fuel through a fire-up because it would not explain… as I said, it should be [legal] at all times.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2022, 03:39 PM)NeilP Wrote:  You should know me better than that Forza. The Hamilton haters are out in force everywhere. He postured the question at no stage did he say i want to retire the car he
merely asked if retiring the car to save the engine was something that the team could consider. Bono told him 8th place was still possible and he got on with it. I know where you stand on him and thats your decision. As regards tge incident it was a racing incident as deemed by the stewards but he had no shot at completing that move.

No harm no foul Neil, my bad, as your post was directly below mine I obviously misread the situation buddy.

I still havent got round to rewatching any of the race but did see this (albeit poor quality) on social media, doesnt look like Kmag done anything mental from this angle.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1528545672403767297

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ferrari has announced that Charles Leclerc suffered an MGU-H and turbo failure while leading the Spanish Grand Prix.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(23-05-2022, 08:23 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ferrari has announced that Charles Leclerc suffered an MGU-H and turbo failure while leading the Spanish Grand Prix.

I was hoping for a "we returned the pu to the factory for inspection and found everything to be fine"   Laughing

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-05-2022, 06:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-05-2022, 03:39 PM)NeilP Wrote:  You should know me better than that Forza. The Hamilton haters are out in force everywhere. He postured the question at no stage did he say i want to retire the car he

No harm no foul Neil, my bad, as your post was directly below mine I obviously misread the situation buddy.

I still havent got round to rewatching any of the race but did see this (albeit poor quality) on social media, doesnt look like Kmag done anything mental from this angle.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1528545672403767297

I would never upset our resident Ferrari fan he has taken enough shit over the last several seasons. Every dog has his day and Mercedes had many of them. Plus I got too much respect for everyone on this board to have a go at them veiled (which is not me) or otherwise  Smile

I viewed the twitter link  and I have re-watched the race clips on Youtube of the incident.  Hamilton did nothing wrong in my opinion and certainly did not do anything deliberately as Magnussen accused him of.  If you watch the Ferrari in front of Hamilton he (Sainz) took exactly the same line through the corner to the inch!!!! There was a football field of room on the outside too. I have no issue with the none penalty call but I maintain it was 100% down to Magnussen it was a dumb move unless he went further outside which again he had room to do.

I mean I am severely pissed off at people saying Hamilton wanted to quit.  His exact words were "I would save this engine if I was you"  Even Brundle in his Sky sports column said and I quote "basically wanting to stop and save the engine"  That is damn lazy and inaccurate journalism. At no time did he say he wanted to stop and to those who may say it was code for wanting to stop why did he just not pull in the pits next lap. Its because it was NOT his decision alone and he knows that well, it was just a question or if you like a suggestion to the team to consider. It is just another shot at the guy that is unjustified in my book and yes I know I am a fan but I am not star struck teenager.

As regards drivers moaning again Hamilton comes in for so much grief from so many people. He rarely complains he often questions team decisions which he should do.  You win as a team, you lose as a team. Every single race the guy thanks the team and all the workers and he always acknowledges the fans far more than any other driver.  I just do not understand the hatred he gets from some quarters. Disliking him, fine I get it but people go way too far in my opinion.

Finally on the subject of whining drivers they all do it. Every single one of them. I pointed out Verstappen because he rarely if ever takes any grief from fans about it. I was wrong to do so on here there are so few of us and everyone already knows how I feel so I apologize for that.

Forza Ferrari... Can I get my Tifosi membership back now please Smile
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(23-05-2022, 10:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza Ferrari... Can I get my Tifosi membership back now please Smile

Yes, but you are going to have to behave yourself moving forward, consider yourself a reinstated Tifosi......on probation  Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(23-05-2022, 08:26 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-05-2022, 08:23 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Ferrari has announced that Charles Leclerc suffered an MGU-H and turbo failure while leading the Spanish Grand Prix.
1) I was hoping for a "we returned the pu to the factory for inspection and found everything to be fine"   Laughing
(23-05-2022, 10:35 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(23-05-2022, 10:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza Ferrari... Can I get my Tifosi membership back now please Smile
2) Yes, but you are going to have to behave yourself moving forward, consider yourself a reinstated Tifosi......on probation  Big Grin

1) Forza I was honestly expecting the old chestnut...... "we had an electrical problem"  Wink

2) PMSL made me laugh lads!  Laughing

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hamil.../10309972/

^^^Anyone seen this

"A leaked photograph showing Lewis Hamilton walking behind Sergio Perez's Red Bull after Formula 1's Spanish Grand Prix has prompted intrigue over a potential breach of parc ferme rules.".........Oooops  

Edit: Since posting I've now seen the video its really not conclusive imo.

Felt gutted for Charles, I'd bet all of Banter said "FFS" at more or less the same time, still onto Monaco & Charles has imo to be the favorite, exploding brake disc aside Hehe.  Tongue

Max wins again, remember when Mercedes got butchered for using team orders before the summer brake? the crazy site was more mental than usual, but now seems as its Max & Red Bull all's fine, same with the whinging apparently its only Lewis who does this! they "all" do & Max is a World Champion at it!!! there are some truly twisted people on that site, my view team orders are part of the sport so fair play, not sure Sergio feels the same, but like everyone can see this is Max's team.

George & K-Mags cuddle on the first lap..... for me 100% first lap racing incident, the only thing to add there was loads of room to the left, I threw a grenade on the crazy site, "It reminded me of 2021 Silverstone" have a guess how that went down lol, the sad thing for me is we never got to see how Lewis would have gone starting on mediums, "Ifs but's & maybe's" pity but some recovery drive from Lewis.

George continues to impress, the fight with Max for me was one of the highlight of the race, I know Max was having DRS problems & didn't we hear about it! but Georges driving was epic, anyone else raise an eyebrow with the Red Bull pit wall comments?
"We can see he's moving in the breaking zone Max" & "I'm not sure he left you a cars width there Max" we were pissing ourselves laughing.....
pot kettle much.....   Dodgy

Lewis voted driver of the day..... hard to argue but imo George & Valtteri deserve a mention in despatche's both drove an excellent race.     Cool

"George Russell thinks Monaco may be too soon for Mercedes to join the victory battle – indeed that prospect could be “three or four” races away."

Hoping he's being pessimistic & our Brits can play at Monaco...... fingers crossed for rain.   Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post