2022 Australian GP

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Talk about a desperate attempt to enable overtaking why not make the whole circuit DRS!!!!

Surely with all the changes we now need less DRS zones after all is it so much easier to follow and overtake these days!!!!!
[+] 5 users Like NeilP's post

(04-04-2022, 09:29 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Surely with all the changes we now need less DRS zones after all is it so much easier to follow and overtake these days!!!!!

Well said!
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Dont worry about all the changes to the cars and a few corners guys, the track was always crap and always will be so it makes no odds, worst of the season for me (or at least right up there with Monaco)..........and being Oz its at stupid oclock so I have to avoid all media and start every conversation with "Dont fecking tell me about the f1" throughout Sunday until I get home later in the evening.

edit: that said I just seen this on my twatter feed......so there has been a few exciting moments

https://twitter.com/i/status/1511061477532344320

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(04-04-2022, 09:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:   I have to avoid all media and start every conversation with "Dont fecking tell me about the f1" throughout Sunday until I get home later in the evening.

I'm the same this weekend, I'll be watching all the weekends sport out of sync.

Note to self don't put on the computer or news Saturday & Sunday!    Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Any news on what upgrade(s) Mercedes are bringing to the car this weekend?

(05-04-2022, 05:52 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Any news on what upgrade(s) Mercedes are bringing to the car this weekend?

The crazy site reckons they will bring a new floor, suppose they had to after taking a chainsaw to the last one lol.   Laughing

Hoping Ted's there this race to have a nose around.

(05-04-2022, 06:33 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  The crazy site reckons they will bring a new floor, suppose they had to after taking a chainsaw to the last one lol.   Laughing

If that is true I would think it is last chance saloon. Mercedes season is over if they can't unlock the performance this race. If they are still 1 second off the pace in Melbourne I can see them writing off 2022 and concentrating on next year. That being the case I will be shouting for Carlos all year (I like CLC too, but being British if a Brit isn't in the running I will always support the underdog).

Anyone bar Red Bull and the rubber lipped torpedo will do me though!
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

A few rumours Ferrari’s first upgrades (a new floor and front wing) will be tested on Friday in free practice.

Both upgrades aim to increase aerodynamic efficiency and allow the car to be run lower to increase speed in medium-fast corners.

(06-04-2022, 08:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  A few rumours Ferrari’s first upgrades (a new floor and front wing) will be tested on Friday in free practice.

Both upgrades aim to increase aerodynamic efficiency and allow the car to be run lower to increase speed in medium-fast corners.

"If" you can believe anything that comes out of "the Helmuts" mouth you might need them bud.

"we will lose some weight in Imola, that should give us a significant time advantage, time gain in other words."

Hope your updated work > like the rest of the forum I'm now in the #AnyoneButMax club.      Wink