2021 Qatar GP

How is that Red Bull car even allowed on track with the wing doing that?????

Not sure what to read into practices today missed the first one through sleep second through a doctors appointment so I need to catch up at some point.

Very hard for me to understand the FIA's position on Brazil. I do try hard to have independent thoughts and understand all sides but here I simply cannot. The commentary I am reading is there was no substantive new evidence to warrent an investigation. If that is the case, and who truly knows then I suggest we take the cameras out of the cockpits of the cars because in the future based on this statement no visual evidence is acceptable as evidence in any incident.

Me I am moving on with the clear understanding there is a bias within the motoring world that has simply had enough of Mercedes and Hamilton winning. The FIA and Liberty think it is in the best interests of the sport to have a different winner and if that comes at the cost of the integrity of the sport they are prepared to deal with it. There really is no other conclusion. That also fits with the narrative Horner is spouting. If you are going to appeal the wing on Mercedes car then go ahead and do it now do not suggest it is result dependent.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(19-11-2021, 04:58 PM)NeilP Wrote:  How is that Red Bull car even allowed on track with the wing doing that?????

Not sure what to read into practices today missed the first one through sleep second through a doctors appointment so I need to catch up at some point.

If you are going to appeal the wing on Mercedes car then go ahead and do it

Seems a bit rich of short spice complaining doesn't it, still it gave me a laugh.    Rolleyes

Positive vibes mate.

Yes I'm bored of hearing the whinging, If your going to protest just get on with it.    Dodgy

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

For your reading pleasure.

I'll summarise for you -> "We were wrong on race day, but we don't want to look more stupid therefore the easiest way forward is to deny any review"
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Utterly laughable sounds like a schoolboy essay on the subject.

Pursuant  to  Art.  14  of  the  ISC,  a  petition  for  review  must  be  filed  against  a  Stewards’ decision  and  can  only  be  granted  if  a  Competitor  successfully  demonstrates  “that  a significant  and  relevant  new  element  is  discovered  which  was  unavailable  to  the  Parties seeking the review at the time of the decision concerned.” Provided that there is a Stewards’ decision,  the  four  key  points  that  the  Competitor  must  demonstrate  are  that  the  new element  must  be  (i)  Significant,  (ii)  Relevant  (iii)  New;  and  (iv)  Unavailable  at  the  time  to the  parties  seeking  the  review  at  the  time  of  the  decision  concerned. 

1) If video evidence is not significant then it must never be used again... EVER!!!!

2) Relevant? Of course it's relevant it shows how Verstappen did not steer into the corner sufficiently

3) You admitted it is new as it was previously unseen. What also remains in question is why it took the best part of 48 hours to be come available.

4) Unavailable to Parties at the time. Self explanatory.

So in otherwords despite the fact that the appeal was correct on all four counts you denied the right of appeal... LMAO.

Like I said no credibility.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Jenson Button has a simple theory as to why Red Bull haven’t protested Mercedes’ wings yet: he doesn’t think they yet know what exact element they’d be protesting.

See for all short spices bravado "we know exactly what Mercedes are doing" I think Jenson is right, I mean *If*
Red Bull really did know wouldn't they have protested already?

During the team principals press conference when Horner said. >

“How do you explain the score marks on the rear wing endplate?”

Toto missed a trick here, he should have replied "why does your rear wing keep braking?"

Or "Max scratched it"  lol.    Laughing

Honest Horner got up my nose with his cockiness/smugness, so I would like Mercedes to protest during parc ferme,
ie qualifying, and ask for the gap of the DRS to be checked, before that flapping wing gets repaired, should it happen,
seeing that a precedent has been set.

Then I'd like 1) to see Horners face 2) what the FIA would say.      Shutup

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-11-2021, 06:36 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Honest Horner got up my nose with his cockiness/smugness, so I would like Mercedes to protest during parc ferme,
ie qualifying, and ask for the gap of the DRS to be checked, before that flapping wing gets repaired, should it happen,
seeing that a precedent has been set.

Come on Mercedes, rattle some cages. Protest!!!

If the Red Bull rear wing wobbles like a demented weeble and needs patching after every session then they are trying something marginal. Put the focus on those twats.

I really hope the F1 cars stopping power dont ripple these braking zones. MotoGP love this track, apart from its due point.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Mercedes F1 rear wing behind Red Bulls suspicions.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-11-2021, 08:27 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I really hope the F1 cars stopping power dont ripple these braking zones. MotoGP love this track, apart from its due point.

Heh heh  Smile

Had a good laugh at that one. They've signed a 12 year deal (or so I believe) to host the F1 track rippers. Ironic that Croft was praising the fact that this track hasn't been resurfaced in 12 odd years (don't take the exact number of years as gospel) and is billiard table smooth. I'll tell you what, they will be resurfacing it within 3 years when these cars get let loose.

MGP and F1 shouldn't share tracks. Different requirements, different sport.

(19-11-2021, 08:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Mercedes F1 rear wing behind Red Bulls suspicions.

Hahahah. Laughing

Is this for real?