2021 Brazilian GP

I will not comment on what has happened this weekend aside from the whole FIA "circus" spoiling a fair, close driver to driver fight. However, Lewis Hamilton has shown his abundant class in two ways this weekend

1. Not throwing any hissy fit by complaining about circumstances.
2. Doing what only he can do in that sprint race. Never looked like taking himself out and showed that Mercedes actually have a very good car for the last races.

I would not be surprised if he wins from 10th tomorrow. That car has race pace here.

Ain't over. Max has a huge advantage, but Lewis Hamilton is a racing animal.

[edit]
VB needs to keep up his pace for the last four now. Let your speed do the talking VB and help Merc AMG set a huge target for all the other teams to beat.

Sprint race weekends though? I fucking hate them, they add "jeopardy" but I don't understand how the hell people equate introducing "randomness" to sporting excellence. Mrs M and I are planning a bit of a european F1 road trip next season, but if they keep this sprint race rubbish I'm not sure I want to spend my money following it.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(13-11-2021, 07:42 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  What bloody cunts they are!

So the Mercedes wing was broken, passed one side & in the middle, failed the end where damaged.
(And slowed the car)

Lots has been said before the facts came out.

Looks like Mercedes have been unlucky, FIA said it was damaged & no intent.

Red Bull were allowed to fix their broken rear wing's in USA & Mexico.

Lewis gets sent to the back of the grid.

0.2 mm out.

Still rules are rules.

Nice post Morini.

More importantly than all this, Gags is now 21. Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-11-2021, 02:22 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  More importantly than all this, Gags is now 21. Big Grin

Happy Birthday gags!

(13-11-2021, 07:42 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I really, really want to know what the hell Mercedes was thinking.
Yes, FIA stated it probably was not intentional, but that would mean Mercedes is absolute dogshit at quality control. How can one of the best teams, maybe the best team, mess up the car of the championship contender in this crucial stage of the championship?
Sorry, I really find it hard to believe that something like this could and would slip trough at Mercedes, but it doesn't matter actually because Mercedes fucked up huge one way or the other. What bloody cunts they are!

Care to revise that at all since the dust has settled?

It has been stated that the wing was damaged and the test only failed very marginally at the damaged end. Mercedes were not "cheating" or trying to bend the rules (in the way Red Bull were early in the season). As Paps says, Red Bull were allowed to fix their damaged wings last couple races but Mercedes were not given that option. Instead they had their pole sitting driver sent to the back of the grid. Hardly a fair and proportional response.

Anyway, it can't be undone and Lewis Hamilton pays the price by losing another 2 points to his rival and doubling up on his 5 place engine penalty today. I am not the type of person who enjoys seeing things like this spoil a fair fight, but I'll be honest and say I won't be upset if some "karma" falls at Red Bulls door later today.

So the Sprint has robbed us of 80% of the show. Lewis got half the job done, and the grid is in race pace order. So unless there is chaors at the start, we know the gaps...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Happy birthday Gags

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

More importantly than all this, Gags is now 21.

Happy Birthday Gags, I hope you enjoy your super special day!

Its awfully hard when you are a fan of a team in any sport and you see things go against your team.  Then you question what you are seeing with your own eyes and wonder if you are reading too much into things.

Well I do firmly believe the FIA  and Liberty had had enough of Mercedes winning everything. From last minute rule changes, to letting Red Bull run a wing they deemed illegal (and for extra races afterwards too) to allowing a two lap procession to finalize a race at Spa in which a Red Bull driver was going to "win" to this latest debacle.  In chat with Forza yesterday I asked him why Red Bull were not penalized and he came up with because they could not "prove" the wing was illegal as it flexed during movement which was impossible to measure.  It is the best argument I have heard but the bottom line is Red Bull have gotten away with it Mercedes were shot then for a accidental Damage and 0.2 mm... yeah seems balanced and fair!!!!!!!!!!

I have said many times in these forums I will not begrudge Max his WDC and I dont but to me it will always be tainted by the way it was won.  That I hasten to say is not on him but on his team and even moreso by the FIA and Liberty.  They ensured as much as possible they got what they wanted.

Think I am biased, prove me wrong. Give me some solid arguments as to why I am smoking Papas flapjacks!

EDIT: Max is still an idiot for what he did in the Parc Ferme conditions he was "told" to do that no doubt by his team very probably Horner to bring more attention to the wing. Clearly Red Bull are so annoyed Mercedes found pace in the latter part of the season and have been doing everything to get Mercedes car super scrutinized.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Going to be bloody tight timing wise today. Didn't realise the kick off for the rugby was 3:15pm. Touch and go if it will be finished before the race is due to start. If there are a lot of stoppages it could well go over.

Who's responsible for the scheduling? Deserves the sack!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-bu...d/6780599/
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(14-11-2021, 04:13 PM)NeilP Wrote:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/red-bu...d/6780599/

He's such a windbag. Can't stand the bloke, graceless in victory or defeat.