2021 Brazilian GP

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/sport/motorspo...NewsSearch

The key issues behind the Hamilton/Verstappen F1 investigations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvMHq3t4YYY (33s)

Max Verstappen touching Lewis Hamilton's rear wing after qualifying.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

There is no way Verstappen did that on his own he was clearly told to by the team. I would think it was his teams way of bringing it to the attention of the stewards. I suspect a bit of an insider informant here, bit strange to suddenly do something so out of the norm.

I do not understand why any team would break the rules especially at such a crucial time of the season. Mercedes took a new engine here to avoid a potential DNF so why would you put your driver at risk of going to the back of the grid which is almost as bad.

As regards Verstappens actions himself, I dont see merely touching a car as a big issue and certainly not something that should be penalized. Maybe a letter reminding the team of the rules may be in order but nothing else.

As for Mercedes, I dont know. One thing for sure the sports end of season excitement will just evaporate if they send Hamilton to the back of the grid. Its already all but over in my view so such a move will kill it dead for sure.

It does however beg the question if you penalize Mercedes here why did you not penalise Red Bull for their Rear wing earlier in the season. As I have said before its Black and White to me it either breaks the rule of it does not. There is no ambiguity here.

EDIT: I would also like to nominate Jonathon Wheatley for the biggest whingebag of the year award. I would also like to nominate him for the most irritating voice award, he makes Croft sound like an amateur karaoke singer. In fact can I nominate the whole Red Bull team for execution, I will grant a pardon to Adrian Newey because he strikes me as being a jolly decent fellow.

DOUBLE EDIT: This is the corner the FIA have backed themselves into by not being consistent with their application of the rules which they have done multiple times this season. Masi needs to be fired. There is no choice but to penalize Mercedes here if they broke the rules. I am sure then Mercedes will bring up the way Red Bull were treated with their wing issue and indeed Ferrari with their engine issues. What a shit show.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Even before Lewis Hamilton’s DRS infringement in Sao Paulo, another row over flexi-wings was brewing between Red Bull and Mercedes.

AMuS state: ‘The top speed disadvantage has been driving Red Bull since the summer break.

Again and again there were new theories as to why the Silver Arrows fly away from the RB16B on the straights. Now Red Bull believes it has finally found what it is looking for.

‘According to Red Bull, the rear wing flap of the Mercedes folds backwards from a speed of 260 km/h.’

Auto Motor und Sport also quote Red Bull principal Christian Horner accusing Mercedes of “doing the same thing that we were accused of until before the race in Baku”.

‘An hour before qualifying began, Red Bull Technical Director Adrian Newey and Chief Engineer Paul Monaghan marched into the FIA office with a mountain of paper and videos,’ the report adds.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

How about we disqualify both teams and their drivers, take away all their points for the season and lets get on with the racing. I am sick and tired of these two teams crying Wolff and stabbing at each other every opportunity. If Horner is saying that Mercedes are doing what they did earlier in the season then to me that is as much an admission of guilt and cheating as Mercedes may be penalised here.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Jeez they are really milking this decision making!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-11-2021, 03:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Jeez they are really milking this decision making!

Pretty clear to me they are finding a way to keep the title race going. Like I previously said they only have themselves to blame for this mess that they created.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

The FIA still has the rear wing Hamilton used in qualifying impounded. Mercedes have been given permission to use a different one in second practice. Permission is required because the cars are under parc fermé and technically cannot be changed

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-11-2021, 03:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The FIA still has the rear wing Hamilton used in qualifying impounded. Mercedes have been given permission to use a different one in second practice. Permission is required because the cars are under parc fermé and technically cannot be changed

Which is really another stupid situation what is the point of practice if you cannot change thngs... honestly its a totally stupid situation F1 finds itself in.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Thats what i really hate about the Sprint format. It makes the practice redundant. Standard format FP3 is all about really building up the anticipation for qually. What have the team done over night. Last 20 mins hot laps, brilliant. All practice sessions in standard format do this. Build and build, analyses and anticipate.

Now this, we are in limbo, its frustrating.

Going to savour the remaining standard formats of the season, as its going to be the last. For some reason despite countless surveys F1 thinks fans want the Sprint race format. So I'm all set to miss majority of Qualifying next year because im at work

I guess on the plus side. Saturdays become free.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(13-11-2021, 04:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Which is really another stupid situation what is the point of practice if you cannot change thngs... honestly its a totally stupid situation F1 finds itself in.

So, they can (and did) change the wing for a same spec wing......so if the one in question is found to be "illegal".......then so is the one currently being used??

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post