Has anyone ever had tougher team mates

just the usual trivia from me guys, can't compete with you lot on on the tech side, haha

but I recently seen Damon Hill say to Bottas, that his first 3 team mates were Mansell, Prost, then Senna, and of course when he won his title, he had Villnueve, not that I rate Jacques as highly, and was never a massive fan of Damon, before my time, but, given this and that he probably should be a 2 x WDC, if not for Schumi incident, he's went up a notch or two for me there, 

but have any others had such consistently top drivers paired against them? And how do you rate Damon, given this Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

though one again Fog.
Not sure my knowledge of F1 goes that far that I can remember everybody's teammates over the years (why would I keep track?).

Although, must admit I did not rate Hill that high at all. But, did not know these where his teammates. But how did Hill perform against those drivers? Villeneuve was a fun driver at times, but surely not one of the best. Still think Hill is not that great...
[still respect the championship of Villeneuve and Hill, clearly they are good - just not at the level of the great drivers]

"Damon Hill say to Bottas, that his first 3 team mates were Mansell, Prost, then Senna"

Ok, going to take a guess no one had it harder, hard to imagine lol, I was never sure about Damon, never a big fan until he proved me wrong with that amazing drive for Arrows in Hungary, that day I became a fan, hard not to appreciate his talent after that, "Schumi incident" best stop there! Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(05-12-2017, 08:06 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  just the usual trivia from me guys, can't compete with you lot on on the tech side, haha

but I recently seen Damon Hill say to Bottas, that his first 3 team mates were Mansell, Prost, then Senna, and of course when he won his title, he had Villnueve, not that I rate Jacques as highly, and was never a massive fan of Damon, before my time, but, given this and that he probably should be a 2 x WDC, if not for Schumi incident, he's went up a notch or two for me there, 

but have any others had such consistently top drivers paired against them? And how do you rate Damon, given this Smile

Always used to cheer for Damon, what British person wouldn't? Deep down I didn't ever think he was top tier, but the spectre of his dad gave him a special aura in the sport. Plus there was Murray's well meaning hysteria to trowel on the hype  Wink 

Gotta say I was also a Villeneuve fan. Loved watching him at Williams, though he has morphed into a bitter old geezer since retirement.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(05-12-2017, 08:06 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  I recently seen Damon Hill say to Bottas, that his first 3 team mates were Mansell, Prost, then Senna... And how do you rate Damon, given this Smile

I would rate him an A+ in his Revisionist History!

His first team-mate in Formula 1, is, and always will be, Eric van de Poele. They were team-mates at Brabham in 1992.
[+] 2 users Like BrendanSylvester's post