2021 Mexican GP

Neil, did you really said Verstappen had lady luck?
Like Baku, where he was in the lead (and fastest lap if remember right) and his tyre just blew up on the straight while data said it was still fine (yes, Hamilton did not get points either, but he crashed himself that race)?
Maybe Hungary, where he started at front but gets kicked aside when Bottas crashed into Norris and the latter into Verstappen? With result, P10 or something.
Silverstone, how much more space was he suppose to give to Hamilton? Another P1 gone (and win if you consider the sprint race a indicator, which is reasonable). O yes, crashing with 50+ G's does a bit of damage to the car and engine.
I see Black mentioning Spa as giving Verstappen points, but since he was in the front (and looking at the rest it was likely he would win), I say they took half of his points. Took half of Hamilton points as well, be I believe he was third at that point and with first place you loose more.
If Verstappen had lady luck on his side, the season would not be this exciting.

Please, the kid had only some luck in Sochi. If you want I can compare it with Hamilton, who is famous for his luck, but why?
Verstappen is just been better than the rest this year, including Hamilton who is making quite some mistakes. Which car is better depends on the circuit, but I tend to say it equals out this year. Teammate I say Bottas is the better one, although the pit crew from Red Bull is the best. Strategy wise again Red Bull is the better this year.

All and all, luck might help but will never deliver a championship over a year. It is driver, car and team. Always.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Neil, did you really said Verstappen had lady luck?

Yes I did Anti. There is no denying he has some bad luck this year but as Black said he got lucky after his misfortune in Baku that Hamilton screwed up and did not either win the race or finish second he was out of the points completely. I will call that good luck.

How much did he gain with the Red Bull rear wing fiasco I dont know. Either it was illegal and the team should have been penalized or it was legal in which case why ban it. I know its not to others but to me its a Black and White issue. Illegal or legal.

I dont know how anyone cannot think it was not only luck but a disgrace he "won" at Spa. No points should have been awarded at all for that fiasco.

He got lucky at Imola when he took out Hamilton in a race Hamilton was going to outscore him in for sure.

So yes I would call that Lady Luck Anti. However I absolutely think he has been the best driver this year and he will totally deserve to be the World Champion. I say it all the time and my favourite Hamilton has been on the receiving end of some good fortune over the years. In most sports to win the big prize lady luck usually has her part to play.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(10-11-2021, 12:47 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Neil, did you really said Verstappen had lady luck?

Yes I did Anti.  There is no denying he has some bad luck this year but as Black said he got lucky after his misfortune in Baku that Hamilton screwed up and did not either win the race or finish second he was out of the points completely. I will call that good luck.

How much did he gain with the Red Bull rear wing fiasco I dont know.  Either it was illegal and the team should have been penalized or it was legal in which case why ban it.  I know its not to others but to me its a Black and White issue.  Illegal or legal.

I dont know how anyone cannot think it was not only luck but a disgrace he "won" at Spa.  No points should have been awarded at all for that fiasco.

He got lucky at Imola when he took out Hamilton in a race Hamilton was going to outscore him in for sure.

So yes I would call that Lady Luck Anti.  However I absolutely think he has been the best driver this year and he will totally deserve to be the World Champion. I say it all the time and my favourite Hamilton has been on the receiving end of some good fortune over the years.  In most sports to win the big prize lady luck usually has her part to play.

I would've been disappointed if you agreed with me on that. Big Grin

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Guenther Steiner has confirmed F1 has waived its working curfew for Thursday night as teams have been delayed in building their cars – with Haas missing their engines.

Important components were due to travel between Mexico and Brazil earlier in the week, but Formula 1 say inclement weather conditions caused the flights to be postponed.

It has since been confirmed the delayed freight will arrive at Interlagos later on Thursday. Honda announced via social media their engines have now made it to the track, with Haas’ Ferrari power units on their way, but teams have already lost a lot of time from their usual preparations.

As a result, the Haas team principal revealed teams will be able to work into the night to get their cars ready in time for free practice on Friday.

“I don’t know exactly which car parts are missing but for sure the engines are missing,” said Steiner about how the delays have affected Haas, quoted by GPFans.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post