2021 United States GP

(22-10-2021, 09:40 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Did you see the end of FP1 mate? PDR did a SKY pad look at the Mercedes, they drop the car to reduce rake & drag, that's where the top speed is coming from, short spice just said it was legal, he didn't look well lol.

Not seen any of it tonight as I can't claim a TV in my house. Will watch the recordings in the morning though.

I have claimed the upstairs TV for qualy though. There will be murders if I can't watch that live.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(22-10-2021, 09:40 PM)morini Wrote:  Do you have access to a telly that isn't showing "gogglebox"? Is your house female free?

> Yes: Fill your boots, watch the F1 FP sessions in peace.

>No: Go to bed. Live to fight another day.

Oh f*ck YES, Mrs F is in tidying up the kitchen then is having an early night so the telly is all mine tonight....well, me and the mutt....but he aint too fussy

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-10-2021, 09:44 PM)morini Wrote:  Not seen any of it tonight as I can't claim a TV in my house. Will watch the recordings in the morning though.

I have claimed the upstairs TV for qualy though. There will be murders if I can't watch that live.

Look back a page I just put up a (poor quality) link from you tube mate.

Pmsl.

Quali at 10............. recipe for *pissedness*  Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(22-10-2021, 09:36 PM)morini Wrote:   It may involve padlocks.

.....Whips & chains also.....or is that a different sort of night in the Morini household  Laughing

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(22-10-2021, 09:40 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Mercedes can "lower" the height on straights - YouTube

Did you see the end of FP1 mate? PDR did a SKY pad look at the Mercedes, they drop the car to reduce rake & drag, that's where the top speed is coming from, short spice just said it was legal, he didn't look well lol.

Just got round to watching that.

Personally I think all of this is pushing the boundaries of the rules in the wrong way. I didn't like the RBR flexi wing early in the season because (for me) it wasn't legal and was blatantly exploiting very a long standing rule. RBR gained a good advantage from that with no come back from The FIA. That video of the Mercedes makes me feel the same on first viewing. It looks like an attempt to break the same regs in a subtly different way. I'm not a legal expert but I don't like it and if there are challenges from other teams I think that is fair.

On the other hand ... Feels like Karma for RBR's earlier pisstaking though. I fully stand by what I said earlier in the season, the flexi wing crap was definitely against the rules (illegal) and RBR should have been held to account on that. I can understand this fight back from Mercedes, but two rights don't make a dead partridge wrong. Let it go.

(22-10-2021, 09:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  .....Whips & chains also.....or is that a different sort of night in the Morini household  Laughing

You'll need to ask Mrs M. I'm too senile to remember that far back!

(22-10-2021, 10:14 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-10-2021, 09:50 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  .....Whips & chains also.....or is that a different sort of night in the Morini household  Laughing

You'll need to ask Mrs M. I'm too senile to remember that far back!

Hehe made me laugh lads.         Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(22-10-2021, 07:31 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(22-10-2021, 06:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Bottas to take ANOTHER new ICE for this race. That does not look good for Hamilton.

That will be a 5 place grid penalty as opposed to a 10 place unless he takes additional components

Back of the grid according to media.

Not sure Prof, from what I'm reading Neil is right and it will be 5 place drop. Why it is 5 and not 10 I really am not sure? At Turkey Hamilton only changed the ICE and he got a 10 place drop. Confused ....

I assume there is some logic behind it.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(23-10-2021, 11:37 AM)morini Wrote:  
(22-10-2021, 07:31 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(22-10-2021, 06:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Bottas to take ANOTHER new ICE for this race. That does not look good for Hamilton.

That will be a 5 place grid penalty as opposed to a 10 place unless he takes additional components

Back of the grid according to media.

Not sure Prof, from what I'm reading Neil is right and it will be 5 place drop. Why it is 5 and not 10 I really am not sure? At Turkey Hamilton only changed the ICE and he got a 10 place drop. Confused ....

I assume there is some logic behind it.

Its in the rules that once you have taken your first penalty the second is less punitive as you are obviously deemed to have already suffered.  That said if Bottas takes any more components it will be a 10 place drop.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

That's the way I read it Neil, it does seem daft 10 place for first engine the 5 for second engine. (+5 for other part)

Wouldn't logic say that it should be 5 for the first & 10 for the second?

Hell what do i know......

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post