2021 United States GP

So Mercedes top speed according to PDR comes from a ride height device that drops the rear end, clever...   Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Double the allowed number of PU? WTF?

https://the-race.com/formula-1/bottas-ge...-for-us-gp

Something fishy about this. How can Mercedes go from being the most reliable PU on the grid to the least reliable. Smells of liberty to me.

Is it for the drama value? Worried for Lewis now.

(22-10-2021, 06:03 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Bottas to take ANOTHER new ICE for this race. That does not look good for Hamilton.

That will be a 5 place grid penalty as opposed to a 10 place unless he takes additional components

Back of the grid according to media.

Am I the only one thinking this is "scripted"? You know, the yanks and "the show"?

I have an inbuilt cynical thought process though. Perhaps best to ignore me!

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 4 users Like The Professor's post

(22-10-2021, 07:31 PM)The Professor Wrote:  I have an inbuilt cynical thought process though.

LOL Laughing

Shall we start a club?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(22-10-2021, 06:48 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So Mercedes top speed according to PDR comes from a ride height device that drops the rear end, clever...   Cool

PDR is a total cock, but if that is correct then all credit to Mercedes!

hehe, that's a good first salvo for FP3, Mercs and Redbull within 0.04s. be good if that continues. Usually when I say this, the opposite happens xD

Was it Colin Edwards that explained the ground the track is built on is referred as "gumbo". Common throughout Texas

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(22-10-2021, 08:46 PM)morini Wrote:  
(22-10-2021, 06:48 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  So Mercedes top speed according to PDR comes from a ride height device that drops the rear end, clever...   Cool

PDR is a total cock, but if that is correct then all credit to Mercedes!

Yup agree lol.

If you want to see it PDR was on the SKY pad at the end of FP1.

Did you see Max giving Lewis the bird.     Laughing

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Good evening chaps, only getting tuned in now, have I missed anything interesting so far?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Love COTA but it is a PITA for UK blokes.

Sacrificed watching FP sessions tonight for a generally peaceful Friday night household. I guess I could watch on the PC with headphones, but I'm very pissed now and can't be arsed with all that. Sessions are recording so I may (or may not) watch them in the day before tomorrow's 10pm (10Pm!!!) quali session.

I have a feeling tomorrow I will be banished to the upstairs room for quali though. Anyone else out there live in a household full of bolshy, passive aggressive females? Total nightmare. This GP is in a bad timezone for UK family blokes : Dodgy I'm planning my strategy for quali watching tomorrow. It may involve padlocks.

(22-10-2021, 09:30 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Good evening chaps, only getting tuned in now, have I missed anything interesting so far?

Mercedes can "lower" the height on straights - YouTube

Did you see the end of FP1 mate? PDR did a SKY pad look at the Mercedes, they drop the car to reduce rake & drag, that's where the top speed is coming from, short spice just said it was legal, he didn't look well lol.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(22-10-2021, 09:30 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Good evening chaps, only getting tuned in now, have I missed anything interesting so far?

Do you have access to a telly that isn't showing "gogglebox"? Is your house female free?

> Yes: Fill your boots, watch the F1 FP sessions in peace.

>No: Go to bed. Live to fight another day.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post