2021 United States GP

Congrats to Max, faultless race.      Cool

Not the result I wanted but another epic race, will he won't he, right to the end.     Confused

Really enjoyed Ferrari v Mc Laren.    (hoping optimistically for a 4 team fight next year) 

With Mexico & Brazil looking good for Max/Red Bull this looks like an uphill struggle for Lewis/Mercedes.

5 to go.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yep, was not the result I had hoped for either as it always makes me feel ill when Red Bull win. That said, it was an exciting race from start to finish because it wasn't really clear whose strategy was the best one. In race trim the cars are very, very evenly matched with Red Bull faster on medium tyres (Lewis couldn't break away at all during stint 1 which kind of surprised me) and Mercedes having an edge on the harder compound. In quali trim the Red Bull is clearly quicker and has been all season. Red Bull won the strategy battle yesterday, all credit to them for that.

Max has one hand on the title now. If Lewis does not win Mexico (which is not normally a good Mercedes hunting ground) then I fear a 20'ish point deficit with 4 races to go will be insurmountable. Really wanted to see the guy take an 8th title but it is looking very unlikely now.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Well, what a nerve-racking race that was. Like all you guys already said, those two at the front are the very best right now and it was very evenly matched (car and driver). I am very glad they kept it clean this time and we got to see a beautiful race between the two. Impossible to tell who would win until the last couple of corners.
But other than Morini, I think this championship is far from over yet. Everything is open and everything can happen. look at all the things happened this year. Both car and driver are very close and the five tracks coming are a bit like that; at two Verstappen will be the favourite, two Hamilton and one unknown. More good stuff ahead.
The two teammates will become interesting. Buttass sucked balls as he often does on race day and especially if he doesn't start in the front. Perez seemed better than his last races but still to far behind his teammate (yes, I know he was thirsty). Think if Bottas was starting in top 4, Perez would not be on podium. At least Red Bull could use strategy with two cars against Mercedes for a change; used to be other way around for years.

Battle between McLaren and Ferrari was completely different but just as enjoyable. Like Papa said; please let it be a four team battle next year.

And I always enjoy Alonso doing his thing on track. A bit wild and not very effective this time, but still a lot of fun to watch.

Kudos to the American fans. Great to see so many and them being that enthusiastic.

(24-10-2021, 12:01 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Again I will miss the chat; been busy with some big changes that need some time (signed for new job and give up old one, starting own business on the side and since I'm at it decided to build a new house). Sorry to miss out.

That is awesome Anti I hope it all works out well for you. I would just be a bit careful about doing business with Papa importing his flapjacks into the Netherlands may be a big too much Smile Smile Smile

On a serious note I wish you well my friend I hope you make life much better for you and yours.

Thanks for the warm words. Life is good here and I am trying to make it a bit better. I am 41 now so must be my midlife crisis...

I was actually thinking about importing the flapjacks from Papa and at the same time Papa could import some special Dutch "herbs" on the way back. Should be win-win.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(25-10-2021, 05:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I was actually thinking about importing the flapjacks from Papa and at the same time Papa could import some special Dutch "herbs" on the way back. Should be win-win.

Your on mate.    Wink

I've always loved "Dutch" herbs & any other of the wonderful herb variants from all over the World.

Funny thing I've always liked a smoke but it was the *fancy free* cake shop in Amsterdam 35yrs ago that showed me how much I loved edibles.

#SorryPapaOffTopicAgain     Tongue

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(25-10-2021, 07:43 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(25-10-2021, 05:48 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I was actually thinking about importing the flapjacks from Papa and at the same time Papa could import some special Dutch "herbs" on the way back. Should be win-win.

Your on mate.    Wink

I've always loved "Dutch" herbs & any other of the wonderful herb variants from all over the World.

Funny thing I've always liked a smoke but it was the *fancy free* cake shop in Amsterdam 35yrs ago that showed me how much I loved edibles.

#SorryPapaOffTopicAgain     Tongue

Put some of those herbs in the flapjacks and you can't go wrong. Some tea made of some particular fungus on the side and Gags will look funny at his papa.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(25-10-2021, 09:12 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Put some of those herbs in the flapjacks and you can't go wrong.

Some tea made of some particular fungus on the side and Gags will look funny at his papa.

Couldn't agree more, my friends *always* look forward to our poker games.     Big Grin

Tbh my days of *enlightenment* are behind me now, though before Gag's was around I had "many" funny looks from our dogs lol.    Wink

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post