2021 Turkish GP

(10-10-2021, 06:26 PM)black Wrote:  Does anyone else think that race would have been far more entertaining if the track actually dried out a bit more? 

Yes, me! I was waiting for some real action kicking in with changing conditions. Turns out the race became null and void. The only real action was Hamilton methodically working his way forward early on. Sainz did well further back as well. If the track "transitioned" to dry tyres it could have been a proper classic.

In the end it was actually pretty boring. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2Ig4sMURdc

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 3 users Like The Professor's post

Lot of things already said by you guys about the race and I think most of us agree (which is a bit boring and never helps learning...).

Black is right; if the track would dry out it should've been a more entertaining race. But if race was dry from start, it would be predictable as well. At least now we got as Neil said a interesting race instead of a entertaining race.

Bottas did good. He can be fast in qualy and like this in front with no threat or hard racing. The Mercedes was like 0.5 faster than the Red Bull but still he did everything right. I might piss on the guy as racer here, but as a person I wish him all the best and I enjoy seeing him win this race.

Verstappen did what he could. He had no change against the Mercedes on this track and he should be glad not to have been into a fight with Hamilton (and he should have been!).

Perez, he also did well and I am glad to see this. Hope this put some positive energy in the guy for the coming races.

Leclerc was driving great whole weekend. The team should've called him in for pitstop and not got greedy when he had P1. But Ferrari will be Ferrari (sorry Forza). I still think Leclerc is one of the best drivers out there, can't wait for Ferrari back on top again.

Hamilton. Well, lets make myself less popular here then I am already; he made a mistake again. Nice driving, but again he argued with his team for the pitstop. Didn't so many races already proven that the team has more information, data etc to make the better call? When they did well even last race the was his usual douchebag by praising the team, but today he argued and stayed out. I am sure that if he pitted right away he would have overtaken Perez and Leclerc to battle Verstappen for second. Would've love that to see.
The move on Perez; I loved it. That is racing and nothing wrong with it. Weird though Neil that I see it other way around; when a guy like Verstappen does it they call him reckless.
Anyway, Hamilton lost a change to end up higher up in my opinion only by his own call and he still consider himself lucky that Gasly got a undeserved penalty.

Talking about Gasly, Great drive again. Harsh he got a penalty for hitting Alonso while he got sandwiched. Bloody FIA.

For the rest, Tsunoda was fun to watch. Vettel looked soft (he should quit). Saintz was enjoying to see going trough the field. Alonso was a missed oppertunity. Mclaren I missed whole weekend and still don't know why, only that Ricciardo lost his mojo again.

Yeah, that. USA, here we come.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Such was Mercedes’ pace advantage at the Istanbul circuit that Red Bull advisor Marko says it was like they had the DRS open permanently.

“We have to think of something, because Mercedes are so fast on the straights,” the Austrian told ORF. 

“They were almost 15km/h faster here, like when you drive with DRS.

“It’s been like this since Silverstone and the gap is only getting bigger…

“That engine superiority, I don’t know what it is and what we can do about it. 

We need to optimise our chassis even more so that we can balance it out again somewhat.”

Both short spice & "the Helmut" online saying Mercede's have taken a step, I hope so, squeaky bum time now.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post