2021 Russian GP

Overtaking not exactly easy here. Lewis is going to regret that pitlane prang tomorrow I reckon. On the poor side of the grid as well.
[+] 3 users Like black's post

Very surprising day...

Beautiful work from Norris, as I was expecting he would do well but P1 is more than I thought. Saintz is a total surprise for me having that speed with the red car on this track. And Russel on P3. Now I said before that the Williams this year isn't that bad anymore, but still impressive stuff. Can't wait to see this kid in a Mercedes next year.

Hamilton, hitting the pitwall like some drunk. I also said this before; he is making many mistakes this year but has luck those mistakes often don't cost them as much as they should. I expect him to be fighting Norris for the win tomorrow.

Again Alonso is doing good and showing how overrated Ocon is.

Perez, he is a lot slower than I though he would be. He can fight Buttass tomorrow, both trying to get to P3 during race.

Wonder how far up Verstappen can come. P8, maybe P7?

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

Enjoy lads.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

So Bottas takes a new engine. That is a surprise to many including me. Suggestions he will be holding Verstappen up I do not really buy into that scenario he was better able to do that from 7th on the grid!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

There is a distinct uniqueness about this track, and its something everyone screams for. They can push the tyres, it is a fastest lap every lap.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

What a totally screwed up race by McLaren's pit wall Norris should have in as soon as that rain started. I feel so bad for Norris. Big winner today was Max Verstappen that rain moved him from what seventh to second.

Great win for Hamilton he takes the Championship lead but Verstappen is in a much better place right now with that new engine.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(26-09-2021, 02:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  What a totally screwed up race by McLaren's pit wall Norris should have in as soon as that rain started. I feel so bad for Norris. Big winner today was Max Verstappen that rain moved him from what seventh to second.

Great win for Hamilton he takes the Championship lead but Verstappen is in a much better place right now with that new engine.

Have some faith Neil. Hamilton has his eyes on the target now I reckon.

I was impressed with Hamilton today, especially as he had a poor end to quali yesterday. He was very measured and patient then let rip exactly when he needed to. I'm gutted for Lando, that was very unlucky. VB was awful today, had one job to do and put up zero defence to Verstappen. The rain at the end worked for VB and Max more than anyone else on the track. Max would have been 7th, VB 14th. Still, luck usually has a way of evening itself out over a season.

Hamilton won by nearly a minute in the end, lets not forget that.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Oh, forgot to say, congratulations Lewis Hamilton on 100 wins. That is some achievement.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

To be honest Morini even though I am a big Hamilton fan I am more upset about Norris and McLaren screwing what should have been his first race win. I for one would not have begrudged him the race win because there is no doubt he totally deserved it. People will discuss Hamilton's "Luck" but there was no luck for him in that race. The luck totally fell on Red Bull and Verstappen.

On a side note I would get Russell into that Mercedes now. New engine for Bottas and it made zero difference. He should be free from any pressure but he was goddam awful.

Morini I will never write off Hamilton in a race or a Championship but there is no denying its advantage Max at this stage of the season. That new engine is points in the bank. Everyone seems to confirm Mercedes need a new engine for Hamilton and I am pretty sure second place for him taking a new engine will be a lot harder than it was for Max today. The seasons luck evened out a lot today.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(26-09-2021, 03:14 PM)NeilP Wrote:  To be honest Morini even though I am a big Hamilton fan I am more upset about Norris and McLaren screwing what should have been his first race win. I for one would not have begrudged him the race win because there is no doubt he totally deserved it.  People will discuss Hamilton's "Luck" but there was no luck for him in that race. The luck totally fell on Red Bull and Verstappen.

On a side note I would get Russell into that Mercedes now. New engine for Bottas and it made zero difference. He should be free from any pressure but he was goddam awful.

Morini I will never write off Hamilton in a race or a Championship but there is no denying its advantage Max at this stage of the season. That new engine is points in the bank. Everyone seems to confirm Mercedes need a new engine for Hamilton and I am pretty sure second place for him taking a new engine will be a lot harder than it was for Max today.  The seasons luck evened out a lot today.

You might be right, but I'm not so defeatist myself. Lewis will find a way. The rain spoilt what was a damned entertaining race (unusual for Sochi). Lando would probably have held on but it was getting exciting as Lewis was clearly faster and was in DRS. When he was stuck earlier behind Danny that was a proper DRS train, this time Lando was punching his own holle in the air. I'd give it 50:50 he'd have hung on for the win.

Biggest winner from the rain coming was Max. He'd used his mediums and was looking at finishing in 7th.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post