2021 Russian GP

(24-09-2021, 10:50 PM)morini Wrote:  
(24-09-2021, 10:13 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Not sure if it is a thing, but maybe Forza and Neil, as well as I do, get a feeling that this now is a point of discussion only because RBR/Verstappen makes use of it in the fight against a favourite here, Hamilton. 

Hmmm..., that's a bit of an obvious lame argument IMO. The comments about penalties are all very valid in my opinion. It is a team game and tall the teams will deal with penalties as best they can. Max has "got away with one" as far as I'm concerned. The 3 grid pace penalty from monza has "disappeared". Is that not true?

Everyone is "partisan" to some degree, but let facts be facts!

Again, starting at the back of the total grid is considered of getting away from a penalty amazes me, especially since every team can do the same thing as starting at that same back grid if they think that is a good thing.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(25-09-2021, 01:25 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  Again, starting at the back of the total grid is considered of getting away from a penalty amazes me

Of course he's getting away with it (we are talking about the 3 place grid drop from Monza here). If he came to Sochi penalty free he would start at the back anyway because his team have decided to take a 4th PU before qualifying has even started. That is the same for all teams and may well hit Hamilton further down the line.

Max does not actually serve the 3 place penalty given in Monza. Is that not true? A simple yes or no will do.

Like a few have said, it is within the rules. But like some others point out (much like a lot of legislation in F1) it isn't really fair.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Its dry now why now start quali early?      Rolleyes

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(25-09-2021, 12:37 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Its dry now why now start quali early?      Rolleyes

Because WSBK is just about to start  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-09-2021, 12:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(25-09-2021, 12:37 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Its dry now why now start quali early?      Rolleyes

Because WSBK is just about to start  Tongue

I'm gonna watch later, trying to make motorsport last all afternoon, then the big scrap this evening.   Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

McLaren, Ferrari, Williams top 3. What year is this....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 5 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Three Brits in the top 4. Excellent!

Brilliant pole Lando. Amateur hour from Lewis crashing in the pit lane.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Who wouldve taken a bet on George outqualifying Lewis twice this season?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(25-09-2021, 02:14 PM)morini Wrote:  Three Brits in the top 4. Excellent!
Brilliant pole Lando. Amateur hour from Lewis crashing in the pit lane.
(25-09-2021, 03:39 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Who wouldve taken a bet on George outqualifying Lewis twice this season?

What a quali!!!!    Cool

All hail Lando!   Big Grin

Three Brits in the top four is amazing, think we might need rain tomorrow for an all Brit podium!  Wink

As i said in chat.......Lewis you numpty.     Shutup

Forza...... no chance....... wish I had can you imagine the odds!    

I'm off to do the rain dance so George has a chance of a podium.      Laughing

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(25-09-2021, 03:39 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Who wouldve taken a bet on George outqualifying Lewis twice this season?

Only a desperately unhappy Ferrari Fan Smile
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post