2021 Italian GP

Enjoy the race lads.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

So the two title challengers take each other out. Always going to happen when these two get close on track as neither will give the other a millimetre.

No doubt Red Bull will lobby Masi (as they always do)and the stewards so Hamilton will be painted as the bad guy. Thing is, he went into that chicane first and left space going in. Max should have backed out of that.

Great to see two McLarens at the front.
[+] 2 users Like black's post

That was an anticlimax. Two very poor pitstops put Lewis and Max in that situation. Lewis will get a penalty though as I reckon everyone (F1 management) want a different winner this year. Hamilton did nowt wrong there, he was ahead going in. I guarantee he'll get a grid drop at Russia though!

A McLaren 1:2!! Superb.

I know people like this race, but with these cars it's just too hard to get close and overtake. The Mercs looked like the fastest package to me.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-09-2021, 03:14 PM)morini Wrote:  That was an anticlimax. Two very poor pitstops put Lewis and Max in that situation. Lewis will get a penalty though as I reckon everyone (F1 management) want a different winner this year. Hamilton did nowt wrong there, he was ahead going in. I guarantee he'll get a grid drop at Russia though!

A McLaren 1:2!! Superb.

I know people like this race, but with these cars it's just too hard to get close and overtake. The Mercs looked like the fastest package to me.
Happy for McLaren .....awesome weekend and especially for Danni as a lot of people were giving him a hard time for his recent performances.....

Max can't handle wheel to wheel racing...too aggressive and not willing to give anyone the space to mount a challenge.....he just expects everyone else to get out his way.....and he won't change.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

(12-09-2021, 03:25 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Happy for McLaren .....

Me too! Maximum points as Dan got FL on the last trip round. Awesome, very pleased for them and I hope they will carry on this form. Lando was excellent again today too. As was VB, in fairness. He came through the field very well today.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(12-09-2021, 03:25 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Max can't handle wheel to wheel racing...too aggressive and not willing to give anyone the space to mount a challenge.....he just expects everyone else to get out his way.....and he won't change.

He never seems to think of the long game. I'm waiting for Horner to defend him to the hilt.
[+] 2 users Like black's post

(12-09-2021, 03:29 PM)morini Wrote:  
(12-09-2021, 03:25 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Happy for McLaren .....

Me too! Maximum points as Dan got FL on the last trip round. Awesome, very pleased for them and I hope they will carry on this form. Lando was excellent again today too. As was VB, in fairness. He came through the field very well today.
Bottas can be proud of that podium...his car looked like it had more top end speed than Lewis..

Will be interesting to see what the stewards make of the Max and Lewis collision.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(12-09-2021, 03:35 PM)pennywise Wrote:  Will be interesting to see what the stewards make of the Max and Lewis collision.

For me it's Max causing a collision, but I've not heard anyone give any opinion so far bar Brundle (and he dislikes Hamilton). The Stewards will penalise Hamilton regardless. Racing incident probably fairest outcome for the sake of not ruining the WDC.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(11-09-2021, 04:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  It would have been boring.......but I went back to the 2019 Chinese gp thread (think its from page 18 onwards) while watching follow the leader live on tv.........cheered me up no end.....especially after Toto saying today saying Merc would swap drivers should VB still be ahead of LH after turn 1  Laughing

Only just seen this, so I had to go and have a read of that thread.

For what it's worth I stand 100% by everything I said in there in 2019. Besides, there's a big, big difference between running a lead / wingman setup from race 1 in the season to having to do it in a close fight deep into the season. Mercedes would be stupid not to with how close it has been between Max and Lewis this year.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Damon Hill on post race. Spot bloody on!!

PDR trying to justify that move by Max, but it was never going to come off. Who thinks Max did that deliberately? Can't win, crash him out.

[edit]
Horner denying a tactical foul. Yeah, right.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post