2021 Dutch GP

(03-09-2021, 09:08 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Morini, Who TF knows what Morini thought he was on one of his disappearing acts at the time probably with Lord Lucan we feel.

Wrong thread, but for the record ....

Morini thinks Silverstone crash was the very definition of a racing incident, 50:50 in my eyes. Both drivers could have done more to avoid contact, therefore Max Verstappen has absolutely nobody to blame but himself. He chose to turn in knowing a car had been fully alongside. The 10 second penalty was totally unwarranted and (IMO) given purely down to pressure applied to the stewards from Red Bull. It was pleasing to see a world champion calibre drive to overcome that penalty.

<is that enough for you Neil?>

Regarding the subject of this thread, I am going to avoid reading on here until we get home next Wednesday as I would like to watch Quali and the race without knowing the result. Whether I can avoid hearing the result on the radio is another matter.

So, see you in a few days.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

So watching the F3 race out of the corner of my eye, and it seems if an overtake is attempted, a car has to go off track. Several have gone to side roads or tracks, another just gone into a wall. Track has one of the narrowest racing lines I've seen, even with the banking...

(03-09-2021, 08:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I think he`s gonna need a bigger gun  Tongue

I don't know, I made a similar shot with an M1911 in BF1 : P
and pistols were awful in that game.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(03-09-2021, 09:08 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(03-09-2021, 08:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(03-09-2021, 08:38 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I don't know the standpoints of you guys on this (was not on the site last weeks so missed it), but I don't feel any need for some heated debate about it.

Dont worry Anti, I can fill you in....we all agreed it was 100% Lewis`s fault, oh and that he dresses like a complete twat also.  Big Grin

Here we go again with Forza more Hamilton love denial!!!

Anti, for the record:

Forza thought it was 100% Verstappens fault

NeilP thought it was 100% Hamiltons fault.

Papa thought it was a car park at a Sainburys in London but was deep into his third flapjack at the time.

Morini, Who TF knows what Morini thought he was on one of his disappearing acts at the time probably with Lord Lucan we feel.

Hesh was too busy on the Sportrack website looking up his team and performances

Black was new to the game and did not want to upset anyone so he went 50% on each driver

Paddy B was so drunk he could not even see the screen yet alone apportion blame

Pennywise well who cares a damn what he thinks!

Jody was not in the best of moods and declined to give an opinion.

There you are up to date!
I care what I think about...cheeky bastard

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

So Max on pole as most expected expected, fine lap.     Cool

Pleasantly surprised Lewis got so close after his problems, Gags just told me Max's DRS failed to open so he could have been a little quicker.

Can't wait for tomorrow..... who will be on the top of the banked curves & who will be at the bottom?

Will they come together again?     Shutup

Bring it on.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

My day went a little bit different as planned so just watched the qualifying reply. And it was great!

First, the track is great for qualifying. It also shows us the speed of the cars in those elevating corners.

Second, Mercedes and Red Bull (read Verstappen, he is on his own again against the two Mercedes drivers) are very much in front of the rest, but very close to each other. Till the last lap it was so tense who would take pole, just great racing from all three drivers (yes, I complimented Bottas, maybe first and last time but still). Perez, like I said yesterday, I really don't know what he is doing lately. He should've been in that fight today and even more tomorrow. No reason missing out.

Third, the midfield is close and unpredictable. Great driving from a whole bunch of drivers. Gasly stands out, Norris surprisingly the opposite.

Tomorrow I think it will not be this much fun watching. As good this track is for qualifying, it probably sucks that much for racing on Sunday.
Most exciting thing will be the strategic battle with pit stops with Verstappen vs two Mercedes cars. Could go both ways but Verstappen deserves a break from all the bad luck (he lost 75 points in my eyes and all without his fault). The guy is just driving flawless this year while Hamilton is making many mistakes but is very lucky.
Interesting will be that first corner after the start. Will there be some brave and/or dumb drivers trying to break out an opponent? Because that corner is tricky to do so.
We will see tomorrow.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Pretty much went as expected. I do not see any of the front cars overtaking each other without major driver error, safety cars at the wrong moment or pit stop strategy. Mercedes have to gang up on Max to beat him especially on this circuit.

The gap between the front three and the rest is very significant in my eyes. As for Perez I repeat what I have said often enough he is not good enough for the second Red Bull seat in the same mold that Bottas is not good enough for the second Mercedes seat (though is a better driver than Perez).

Red Bulls pit wall were more concerned with Mercedes using the tyre blankets for too long, maybe they need to focus on getting their driver to the line in enough time to complete a qualifying lap.

Whiny bitches, make me puke.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Enjoy the cars following one another today chaps, catch you this evening some time.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Enjoy lads.      Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well, as expected not that much overtaking today but I must say still a pretty interesting race.

In the front the regular battle between Verstappen and two Mercedes cars. Verstappen did great and so did Hamilton and just a embarrassment now to see how Mercedes have Bottas his balls in a nutcracker. Anyway, Verstappen deserved the win and got it.

The middle of the field showed how close those teams are. Everyone talking about Perez as DoD, but he didn't impressed me that much. He shouldn't be in the back of the field anyway and overtaking lesser cars with that Red Bull is only expected. He better be fighting Bottas, Hamilton and Verstappen next race but he really has me doubting.
Alonso was a joy to watch and Gasly didn't get the attention his drive deserves.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

I think it was an interesting race if you are a Verstappen, Red Bull or Dutch fan and of course Anti ticks all three of those things. I will say as a racing spectacle it had all the excitement of a Monaco race. However as a sporting spectacle the Dutch fans made it something to remember. The circuit itself maybe lifeless but for a first time in ages event in the Netherlands (Anti I have always called it Holland what do Dutch people prefer it to be called?) I thought it was excellently well managed.

Verstappen did exactly as I thought he would pre race he dominated the race, made all the right decisions both in the car and the Pit wall crew of Red Bull. Mercedes were always going to be chasing the race and they tried many different things but everything they threw at Red Bull and Verstappen was handled with ease. I would say Red Bulls pit wall has absolutely been better than Mercedes this year and I put that down to the pressure Red Bull have been able to apply this year.

I agree with Anti I thought Gasly ran an awesome race given what equipment he has. I absolutely think he would be better at Red Bull next year than Perez but for sure I know that is not happening. I expected a little more from Ferrari here but the pressure will be on them for sure next weekend! Alpine did very well, both Alonso and Ocon drove a very solid race. The circuit certainly did not seem to suit McLaren thought Danny Ricc would be out early with a smoking engine but whatever it was they got through it. Finally I though Kubica did well stepping in at the last minute.

On to the Temple of Speed. I would never write off Red Bull but I have to think Mercedes have the advantage going into the race meeting.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post