2021 Dutch GP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgc60G7xTgw      Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I think Russell will push Hamilton all the way if he gets the second Mercedes seat which will obviously be a massive boost to Max Verstappen as Russell will unquestionably take more points off Hamilton than Bottas has and indeed maybe even ten times more than Perez/A.N. Other drivers will/have taken off Verstappen.

For all the talk of Bottas being a number two driver can we not acknowledge that every Red Bull driver since Danny Ricciardo has been a wingman for Verstappen the big difference is they have never really been in a position to help Max out because they are frankly so poor, far worse than Bottas has been to Hamilton. Let us also remember that Ricciardo left Red Bull because he did not want to be a number two driver. Horner can spout crap all he wants about them being equal but they were clearly lies and Max Vertsppen was a clear number 1.

I beg to differ Anti. Home advantage is a big advantage to drivers, not just the atmosphere but the extra adrenaline rush it gives them. Red Bull with Verstappen and Mercedes with Hamilton are so close in many ways this season any edge is an advantage. If you were able to privately talk to Mercedes they will say the right things but I bet if you could offer them second place in this race for Hamilton they would absolutely take it.

I think Qualifying will be the most exciting thing this weekend. My comment about Bottas crashing into Hamilton was tongue in cheek Anti. As for their Silverstone coming together well there has been enough written about it and my personal views are well documented.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(03-09-2021, 06:51 PM)NeilP Wrote:  1) I think Russell will push Hamilton all the way if he gets the second Mercedes seat 

2) I beg to differ Anti.  Home advantage is a big advantage to drivers, not just the atmosphere but the extra adrenaline rush it gives them. 

3) I think Qualifying will be the most exciting thing this weekend. 

4) My comment about Bottas crashing into Hamilton was tongue in cheek Anti. 

5)As for their Silverstone coming together well there has been enough written about it and my personal views are well documented.

Hiya  Smile

1) Every now & again I look in at Planet F1, its sheer madness, no one can agree that both Lewis & Max have talent, I have to say though some "fans" really don't get it, "Lewis is going to get destroyed" is common, what these people are so filled with daftness they can't see is that *If* which I doubt, George beat Lewis they think we (Lewis fans) would be crying in our beer, completely missing the point that *If* George came out on top is that we would have another superstar on our British hands, what a thought! 

I'd like Lewis to help refine George then leave us Brit fans with a driver capable of winning a WDC.  
(to have Lando as well is just brilliant)

2) Agree bud, I think this has a Max win written all over it, hope I'm wrong obviously, I'd like to see some of the football fan element crying in their beer after should Lewis win, can you imagine the podium lol.

3) Yes I'm afraid of that, I had *high hopes* hehe but seeing the cars, passing will be very difficult.  

4) We all know that.

5) Yep, this has been discussed to death, my views are also in the Silverstone thread & agree with you, I get others don't but honestly I'm bored of arguing/discussing it now, but if anybody wants a fight have a look on PF1 it madness.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

You know what Papa there is so much disagreement and nasty disagreement around these days about almost everything I ration myself and my views. I have absolutely no desire to get into it with anyone about anything these days. We all have our opinions and simply put that is it. They are just opinions.

I think as British F1 fans the future is very bright with Norris and Russell. I also think the F1 future is bright we have some great young drivers around. Verstappen, LeClerc, Sainz, Norris, Russell as the new boys but we still also have Hamilton, Alonso, Vettel and Ricciardo.

I am looking forward to tracks where we can get some true wheel to wheel racing I really want to see Verstappen vs Hamilton go at it. If Max wants to be king he has to beat Hamilton and not just this season but in future seasons too. Its a whole new ball of wax when you are expected to be the champion.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I think he`s gonna need a bigger gun  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

All sport websites are madness papa, not just Planet F1. With F1 the Hamilton and Verstappen fans (and anti fans) are for some reason extra annoying, often beyond reasonable mad about those drivers.

@Neil, my remark about the crashing was just as well with tongue in cheek. So no worries buddy.
I don't know the standpoints of you guys on this (was not on the site last weeks so missed it), but I don't feel any need for some heated debate about it.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(03-09-2021, 08:38 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I don't know the standpoints of you guys on this (was not on the site last weeks so missed it), but I don't feel any need for some heated debate about it.

Dont worry Anti, I can fill you in....we all agreed it was 100% Lewis`s fault, oh and that he dresses like a complete twat also.  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(03-09-2021, 08:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(03-09-2021, 08:38 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I don't know the standpoints of you guys on this (was not on the site last weeks so missed it), but I don't feel any need for some heated debate about it.

Dont worry Anti, I can fill you in....we all agreed it was 100% Lewis`s fault, oh and that he dresses like a complete twat also.  Big Grin

Here we go again with Forza more Hamilton love denial!!!

Anti, for the record:

Forza thought it was 100% Verstappens fault

NeilP thought it was 100% Hamiltons fault.

Papa thought it was a car park at a Sainburys in London but was deep into his third flapjack at the time.

Morini, Who TF knows what Morini thought he was on one of his disappearing acts at the time probably with Lord Lucan we feel.

Hesh was too busy on the Sportrack website looking up his team and performances

Black was new to the game and did not want to upset anyone so he went 50% on each driver

Paddy B was so drunk he could not even see the screen yet alone apportion blame

Pennywise well who cares a damn what he thinks!

Jody was not in the best of moods and declined to give an opinion.

There you are up to date!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Im going to be m.i.a tomorrow during quali......so please f*cking behave yourselves!
(...and enjoy)

I believe it was Mazepin's fault. Nobody likes him anyway, right?

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post