2021 Dutch GP

(02-09-2021, 08:32 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(02-09-2021, 08:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I thought that was the excess Oil from the Ferrari engines Smile

Have you not been paying attention Neil???.........we burn the fecking oil, not leak it!  Tongue

No, No, No, No, No.

You USED to burn oil when you had the fastest car  **Shock**

Now you are leaking oil!!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

So with an "over the hill" Kimi walking away, do you think a "never even got up the hill" Bottas will be taking his place at Alfa?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(03-09-2021, 10:25 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  So with an "over the hill" Kimi walking away, do you think a "never even got up the hill" Bottas will be taking his place at Alfa?

All the gossip is saying so, but it seems weird to me. Bottas gets an insane salary at Mercedes and he is certainly not worth that. Maybe he accepts a big step down but then still, why would Alfa want Bottas? 
But that is me. He probably is going to Alfa. 

Good thing is that Russell gets in the Mercedes. I am pretty sure that he will beat Hamilton. Not only do I rate Russell that high, but this season is showing me that Hamilton might not be that great under pressure. Verstappen is beating him clearly with racing and Hamilton can't handle that so good. 

Another thing that is interesting is De Vries getting into F1. I wonder for some time now how he compares with those in F1. He won carting, F2, FE, so he has the credentials.

Back to the Dutch GP again. First look of the cars on track, I must say it isn't disappointing. They look good and interesting to see who figures out the best racing line. Tomorrow will be very exciting.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(03-09-2021, 10:25 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  So with an "over the hill" Kimi walking away, do you think a "never even got up the hill" Bottas will be taking his place at Alfa?

Sounds to me from the gossip that it is already a done deal Forza.

Well just a few minutes into my first view of this circuit, sadly Hamiltons car took a dump much to the extreme joy of the Dutch fans. I have to think Pole is going to be everything on this circuit as I do not think we will see much overtaking up front in this race. Reminds me of Spain and Hungary.

Just as at Silverstone where I think Hamilton has a big home advantage I think Max is going to be pretty much unbeatable here. Not holding my breath for a much better 'race' than Spa last week.

Very exciting game in progress at the Oval where India and England are locking horns, very even game and will offer far more excitement than this race. You are welcome.

Yeah, from what ive seen so far it looks a fantastic circuit to drive but a sh*t one to race at.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(09:33:28) NeilP: Calling occupants from interplanetary crafts
(09:36:56) NeilP: Mazespin lives up to his name and Rd Flag number 2 of the session!
(09:37:22) NeilP: Ollie Pope going well at the Oval 61 not out
(09:44:21) NeilP: Oh God it must be a Christian Horner weekend for Sky (when is it not)
(09:44:34) NeilP: Lots of echo in here today
(09:47:53) NeilP: Drinks break at the Oval England 185-6 in reply to India's 191 all out
(09:48:34) NeilP: Ferrari's out in Anger be interesting to see the times
(09:49:49) NeilP: Chat looks Good in Black, Beige not too bad either.
(09:50:30) NeilP: Sure enough Ferrari 1 and 2 on the time sheets for now.
(09:50:43) NeilP: Leclerc ahead of Sainz.
(09:51:56) NeilP: Very disrupted session, not sure other than no overtaking being a obvious conclusion anything else being taken from this session.
(09:52:16) NeilP: Moeen Ali looking better as his innings proceeds.
(09:54:31) NeilP: Tremendously vocal crowd here today obviously all in favour of one Maximus Verstappenis, feels more like a soccer match than a F1 race weekend.
(09:55:27) NeilP: Vettel finally getting back on track after his car issues in Fp1. Just 11 minutes of time for him to run.
(09:57:06) NeilP: Anthony Davidson saying he thinks the race will be very much like the one at the Hungororing circuit.
(10:01:24) NeilP: Hard to tell with fuel and engine modes but Alpine looking good, not world beating but good, McLaren very disappointing in 8th (Norris) and 15th (Riciardo)
(10:02:49) NeilP: Moeen playing some lovely shots but finding fielders, until a great cover drive for 4 scores are level!
(10:03:44) NeilP: A current 'pace on track' chart has Verstappen first and surprisingly Norris second.
(10:05:07) NeilP: A nice guided cover drive for a single gives England the lead. Game on! What you got Kohli?
(10:06:07) NeilP: All the talk is it will be a one stop race on Sunday.
(10:07:51) NeilP: Hamiltons car failure down to an oil system blip. No details just generalizations.
(10:09:36) NeilP: Track evolution could be a big factor in Fp3 and quali. Not seeing too much obvious difference betwen the soft and medium performance. Leclerc fastest on the medium tyre. Hard to tell.
(10:10:43) NeilP: Gorgeous straight drive for 4 from Moeen, coupled with 4 leg byes next ball sees England go over 200.
(10:13:44) NeilP: Fp2 is done, We never truly got to see Verstappen put in a full hard racing lap due to interruptions etc but my Neilometre tells me he is head and shoulders in the lead and looking untouchable for the race itself.
(10:14:44) NeilP: England looking to build a lead over India is my day. Have I ever told you guys how much I love cricket, I must do so in a post soon enough.
(10:15:16) NeilP: Another beautiful pull for 4 by Moeen, very elegant player.
(10:17:51) NeilP: Well this is Neil, all alone in Chat signing off, promising to shower and use deodorant for my next visit, feeling pretty lonely in here. Would ahve been nice to have company. Even Forza. Have a great Friday.

Its not that all the cricket talk was putting people off............just we all fell asleep moments after logging in Wink

(you should know by now, very rare do we get much traffic and almost never in "chat" on a Friday mate)

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I know I was bored. The whole session was a sleepfest to be honest. Not looking forward to the race it will be a snoozefest. We need Bottas to take Verstappen out, liven the crowd up a little Smile

LEWIS HAMILTON fan Neil Steele has chartered a plane to help provide the F1 star with some much-needed support at the Dutch GP today.

Hamilton faces a hot reception here in Holland as the Orange Army of Max Verstappen fans will be cheering on their local hero.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(03-09-2021, 03:44 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I know I was bored.  The whole session was a sleepfest to be honest.  Not looking forward to the race it will be a snoozefest.  We need Bottas to take Verstappen out, liven the crowd up a little Smile

Well, they were more pissed about the way Hamilton took Verstappen out at Silverstone, so if you want something lively that is the thing that would let that crowd get out of their seats. Not sure how lively Hamilton will be after that, but anyway...

Now I think about it, Hamilton took already three Red Bulls out since 2019. Even the Torpedo (you know, Kvyat) is not that accurate.

(03-09-2021, 01:56 PM)NeilP Wrote:  

Sounds to me from the gossip that it is already a done deal Forza.

Well just a few minutes into my first view of this circuit, sadly Hamiltons car took a dump much to the extreme joy of the Dutch fans.  I have to think Pole is going to be everything on this circuit as I do not think we will see much overtaking up front in this race.  Reminds me of Spain and Hungary.

Just as at Silverstone where I think Hamilton has a big home advantage I think Max is going to be pretty much unbeatable here.  Not holding my breath for a much better 'race' than Spa last week.

Very exciting game in progress at the Oval where India and England are locking horns, very even game and will offer far more excitement than this race. You are welcome.

I don't think a home crowd matters at all. In Silverstone Verstappen took pole. 

The Mercedes seems the quicker car, so those two have a very good change. 
Red Bull is close so Verstappen is always there, not sure what Perez is doing.
I expect Norris to have a good change as well.
Both Ferrari's are looking very good and could be in for a surprise.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post