2021 Belgian GP

Bring it on I enjoy the Banter with my inferiors!!!! Smile

But especially that Forza guy
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

So what do you guys think about points being awarded for Sundays "race" ?       Cry

I saw the Masi interview when he said "there was no ability to postpone the race to Monday"

Again why? 

In a sport worth so much money, just why?      Dodgy

With the Netherlands only GP 3hrs away.  

Imo, F1 looked daft Sunday.      Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

So what do you guys think about points being awarded for Sundays "race" ? 

I think it is a disgrace. Lets be quite frank here the two laps completed behind the safety car were simply to avoid having to refund the spectators.  That was Liberty Media saying screw you its all about the money. I have already posted that I feel decisions were made this weekend for all the wrong reasons.

First off Perez should never have been allowed to take part in the race. There was outside help getting the car back to the grid and the race had started and other cars had miles on the engines, tyres and fuel used up.  How was his car scrutinized before being allowed anyway it could not possibly have met Parc Ferme conditions.  

I am biased because I am a Mercedes fan but really talk about favouring one team for the season. We have Mercedes penalized by a rule change that only really affected two teams cars.  Then we get the flexible wing issue. Now this.  Red Bull are all in for the win this year I get it but if nothing else all this adds up to a really smelly pile.  Am I over thinking this, its possible, entirely possible but if not deliberate I would say Red Bull despite Verstappens two crashes are the beneficiaries of some remarkable coincidental luck.

Then we come to cancelling the running clock, well why was that not stopped earlier in the day. That way there would have been even more chance to get a race of sorts in. I doubt any race would have happened anyway but still why then and why at all!!!!

I saw the Masi interview when he said "there was no ability to postpone the race to Monday

I get there are a lot of logistical issues to this and if that was so he should have simply cancelled the race. It is not like we have not lost other races for other reasons this season.  I have zero confidence in Masi and indeed the stewards this year. It is a total shit show. To me its almost like they are making rules up on the fly to suit to situations. There is a pretty detailed rule book. Adhere to it or change it for next season.

In a sport worth so much money, just why?

You got the answer in the question. Money. No refunds to spectators, probably some sponsor contracts are dependent on a race actually happening. Then we have the Red Bull factor. Sorry I am not ignoring the fact that I think something is going on behind the scenes.
[b]
With the Netherlands only GP 3hrs away

Talking of shit shows this will be the race meeting to end all meetings. Mercedes are going to get crucified at this race.  Not least by the Verstappen fans. Generally speaking I find F1 fans the world over are pretty fair about all the drivers even though they have their individual favourites.  Not so with a very large number of Verstappen fans. Think I am over reacting go back look at the German GP when Vettel crashed out they were braying for blood and cheering louder than anything.  I get fans can do what they like and home advantage is part of all sports but again lets be honest the only reason we are back in the Netherlands is because of Max Verstappen and Liberty jumping on the financial bandwagon. The track looks like crap. Opinions are all over the place so I guess I should reserve judgement. I just hope nobody gets physically attacked here.

IMO F1 looked daft today

Nailed it Papa.  Beyond daft you are being kind.

If I am Mercedes I am pissed off at the awarding of points.  If I am Haas or Alfa Tauri I am beyond pissed off I am devastated.

Not looking forward to next week either on the track or personally.  I am not looking for sympathy here but off to England to finalize the sale of my Dads house and dispose of all the house contents (My Dad is still alive and will be remaining here in the USA with my wife *God bless her*) I know its going to be emotionally crushing and that in itself has me stressed out to the Max (Pun NOT intended) so I apologise in advance for being irrational.  Except to Forza I dont care about him at all.

EDIT: It seems most if not all agree with me

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/58379620
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(30-08-2021, 03:41 AM)NeilP Wrote:  So what do you guys think about points being awarded for Sundays "race" ? 

Its a joke, how can points be awarded without a wheel being turned in anger?.........the rule book needs a major rethink on many, many things but this especially, it aint rocket science........all it needs is something like "points will only be awarded when 25% (or whatever figure is agreed) of laps have been completed under race conditions....anything less will be deemed as race cancelled"

2018 at Silverstone (motogp) was a similar wash out, yes, the organisers kept fans sitting in the stands waiting for better conditions but eventually the decision was made to cancel the event and (with some crying from the circuit) fans were given the option of full refund or ticket swapped to the following years race. 

Lewis is 100% right, yesterday was a farce!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(30-08-2021, 03:41 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Not looking forward to next week either on the track or personally. 

Sorry to hear that Neil, sounds like that is going to be stressful, not least having to get on an airplane with hundreds of germ spreading unwashed. I do not envy you. You'll get through it all though, I am sure. Hope it goes ok for you.

On yesterday's events, I agree F1 management have got it badly wrong again. To an outsider it looks like incredible bias in favour of Red Bull as they are the only team this favours. No way should a few laps behind the safety car be rewarded with a race win. Race results should be struck off and I'm suprisied Mercedes aren't asking for that TBH.

I think the next race clearly favours Red Bull but I won't get to see it live. The Mrs and I are driving up to Scotland tomorrow for another mini break. Not sure if they even have the internet up there so there's a fair chance I won't be reading much on here until we get back.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(30-08-2021, 11:52 AM)morini Wrote:  
(30-08-2021, 03:41 AM)NeilP Wrote:  Not looking forward to next week either on the track or personally. 

Sorry to hear that Neil, sounds like that is going to be stressful, not least having to get on an airplane with hundreds of germ spreading unwashed. I do not envy you. You'll get through it all though, I am sure. Hope it goes ok for you.

The Mrs and I are driving up to Scotland tomorrow for another mini break. Not sure if they even have the internet up there so there's a fair chance I won't be reading much on here until we get back.

Sorry you are going through this, just hope it all goes as well as it can for you Neil, positive vibes mate.

Enjoy your mini break buddy.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Thanks everyone. A necessary evil for sure. I may be gone from here for a while but (sorry Forza) I plan to return.

The Mrs and I are driving up to Scotland tomorrow for another mini break. Not sure if they even have the internet up there so there's a fair chance I won't be reading much on here until we get back.
Have a great time I love Scotland hope to take my American wife there one day.

Papa, I have no rights to complain compared to you my friend.

Forza, If anything untoward happens to me I want you to know I have left my signed photograph of Lewis Hamilton to you as I know you of all will treasure it the most!!!!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(30-08-2021, 11:57 PM)NeilP Wrote:   I have left my signed photograph of Lewis Hamilton to you as I know you of all will treasure it the most!!!!

Very thoughtful of you Neil, there are rumours abound of another toilet-roll shortage  Big Grin

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Right lads, think I might have come up with a helmet that is man enough to race at SPA whatever the weather.   Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

I see this suspected cooling complaint has raised its head again (AMuS)

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post