Lewis, Christian & the top 4 F1 drivers.

[quote
Now the question, who do you drop to make the top 4?
[/quote]

Ok Max you have made it easy for me.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(06-06-2018, 04:06 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  [quote
Now the question, who do you drop to make the top 4?

[/quote]

I guess I missed out first time around so here we go and yes they are in order!!!! Smile Smile Smile

1) Hamilton
2) Ricciardo
3) Vettel
4) Alonso

In equal cars the separation of those guys would be minimal I feel. 

Verstappen has tons of potential but he has a ways to go to be seriously considered top echelon.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

I am going to put a spanner in the works,

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Ricciardo

Max nowhere near yet
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(06-06-2018, 08:10 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  I am going to put a spanner in the works,

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Vettel
4. Ricciardo

Max nowhere near yet

Could you imagine Alonso and Hamilton at Mercedes and Vettel and Ricciardo at Ferrari. That would make for some fascinating races and really raise the interest levels. Throw in Vertsappen and maybe Sainz at Red Bull and that would almost if not as good as it could be right now.

I know it has zero chance but I can dream!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Yes that would certainly raise the viewing figures imo

Looking back at my comment on page one of this thread I'm feeling a little smug. Max has proved me right, so I stand by what I said then.

(03-12-2017, 01:44 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  My opinion of top 3

1/Lewis
2/Fernando
3/Daniel
4/ ? Max or Sebastian.

[/quote]

So I thought I would revisit this with Fernando leaving, the new top 4, thing is the first two seem obvious now at seasons end, looked very different early on but Max has really shone since then, I'm still clueless about the next two, even more than at the beginning of the year.

My top 4
1) Lewis
2) Max
3) ?
4) ?

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I think it should be a top 2 at best. Most drivers in F1 are either good of very good. And than there is the category of the exceptional. You know, the rare driver that emerge only once a decade.
That category is filled with the best of the best and therefor very limited.

Who are the most sensational and/or exceptional drivers on the grid? Hamilton and Verstappen. So that's my list.
[+] 2 users Like JDF_AW's post

(14-12-2018, 08:02 PM)JDF_AW Wrote:  Who are the most sensational and/or exceptional drivers on the grid? Hamilton and Verstappen. So that's my list.

I wouldn't argue with that at all. Those two are the out and out fastest and most exciting drivers to watch in this generation (without question). Racing is about more than outright pace though, and much more so now than in the 70's when I began watching F1.

My top two on outright "wring the neck of the car" pace would have to be Hamilton and Verstappen. My top two on "race craft" would be Hamilton and Ricciardo. Dan hasn't always been the top dog in one lap pace, but I love to watch that boy on a Sunday. He deserves to be in the contending teams rather than a midfield Renault team. Damn shame. The focus has been on Max since he came in so young (understandably so), but Dan is a real racers racer. Unfulfilled potential.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

I can see why they have more than two. It's too easy to ignore drivers outside the top teams. I'd argue that the most consistent driver was Leclerc this season. His rookie year, and it took him 3-4 races to figure out how to set the car up correctly, once he did, he was always delivering in that car, maximising on the fast developments Sauber ploughed into the car.

Like I say I'm not a driver fan, so I dont have a list, but I was always watching Leclerc, being mightly impressed seeing his name constantly high in the timings.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post