2022 Driver Line Ups

It is that time of year when drivers are signed for the upcoming seasons.  There are some really stupid rumours out there including the proposed return of Mika Hakkinen!!!!

I am ignoring those and making my line ups below.  Obviously interested to see what you guys think or know about 2022.

This is what I THINK it will be not what I think it should be. I would absolutely move Schumacher to Alfa Romeo. I would drop Giovinazzi and Raikkonen. I would drop Latifi from Williams. I would kick Mazepin out of the sport completely. If I am Haas I get an American driver in at least one seat, that I feel as much as it kills me to say so would be good for the sport overall. Gasly should be off to a better team but there are no seats available.  Renault have made two hasty decisions They should have targeted Gasly for a seat in my book.

Mercedes  Hamilton & Russell
Red Bull Verstappen & Perez
McLaren Norris & Ricciardo
Ferrari Leclerc & Sainz
Aston Martin Stroll & Vettel
Renault Ocon & Alonso
Alpha Tauri  Gasly & Tsunoda
Alfa Romeo Bottas & Giovinazzi
Haas Schumacher & Mazepin
Williams Latifi & Atkin

Over to you guys
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I pretty much agree with the majority of those Neil, except I think Marzipan will be gone, as will Bottas....I know Toto has said something along the lines of him looking after Bottas if he isnt in that number 2 seat next season.......but Im sure its only as a handy little chauffeur or gardening number  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I think Mazepin and Latifi will be there simply because of the cash they bring to the teams. neither belong in F1 for sure.

I have Bottas going to Alfa purely because there is no other seat really opening for him. I dont think he will be in F1 next year really.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(26-07-2021, 08:56 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have Bottas going to Alfa purely because there is no other seat really opening for him. 

Loads of seats currently available.... with his CV it shouldnt be a problem  Big Grin

https://careers.dhl.com/frontlineworkers/global/en/home

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-07-2021, 09:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(26-07-2021, 08:56 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have Bottas going to Alfa purely because there is no other seat really opening for him. 

Loads of seats currently available.... with his CV it shouldnt be a problem  Big Grin

PMSL    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(27-07-2021, 12:11 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(26-07-2021, 09:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

PMSL    Laughing

You guys are BRUTAL!!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(25-07-2021, 03:52 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It is that time of year when drivers are signed for the upcoming seasons.  There are some really stupid rumours out there including the proposed return of Mika Hakkinen!!!!

I am ignoring those and making my line ups below.  Obviously interested to see what you guys think or know about 2022.

This is what I THINK it will be not what I think it should be. I would absolutely move Schumacher to Alfa Romeo. I would drop Giovinazzi and Raikkonen. I would drop Latifi from Williams. I would kick Mazepin out of the sport completely. If I am Haas I get an American driver in at least one seat, that I feel as much as it kills me to say so would be good for the sport overall. Gasly should be off to a better team but there are no seats available.  Renault have made two hasty decisions They should have targeted Gasly for a seat in my book.

Mercedes  Hamilton & Russell
Red Bull Verstappen & Perez
McLaren Norris & Ricciardo
Ferrari Leclerc & Sainz
Aston Martin Stroll & Vettel
Renault Ocon & Alonso
Alpha Tauri  Gasly & Tsunoda
Alfa Romeo Bottas & Giovinazzi
Haas Schumacher & Mazepin
Williams Latifi & Atkin

Over to you guys

Looks static at most teams for 2022. I'm not convinced Yuki Tsunoda will keep his seat though. If he does then it'll only be because Red Bull do not have many other viable options. He has not had a brilliant rookie season so far.
[+] 2 users Like black's post

Red Bull do have some promising drivers in both Formula 2 and Formula 3 althought it may be a bit too soon to promote them. I do think Tsunoda will get another year he has had some really good performances but he has also had some dire ones too. I dont think one year is always enough for a driver. Sure if it is a really bad year that can be enough to get you the boot.

In Formula 2 Red Bull have Jehan Daruleva, Liam Dawson and Juri Vips and in Formula 3 they have Dennis Hauger. I see lots of positives written about these guys but freely admit that is where my knowledge ends.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(24-08-2021, 06:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I dont think one year is always enough for a driver. Sure if it is a really bad year that can be enough to get you the boot.

Particularly if it is a sociopath like Helmut Marko making the decisions. I agree with black though, they don't have anyone ready to step in unless they give Albon another chance.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

With Stroll not yet confirmed at Aston Martin, I'm fearing he's the one going to Merc, with Russel to AM...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post