2021 Hungarian GP

Well, I he doctors believe I'm suffering with it too, because I'm utterly shagged after any mild physical exertion & I've had a fair few seizures when previously it was all under control. So I do not think it is a myth, & if he's suffering with it I hope it's not serious.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

I think Long Covid is a real thing and a bigger issue than many think. Whilst I have not had the unfortune symptoms of what Jody has suffered. I am still dealing with some minor issues. I still have two numb fingers on my left hand. I have a cough which stubbornly will simply not go away. I still break out in a rash over my body.

I was bed bound for about a month with Covid. I am not someone who generally speaking suffers with short term illnesses but I can tell you it hit every single weakness in my body. I will not bore you with all the things I dealt with but suffice to say there were many issues some of which were excruciatingly painful. The most serious was headaches from a severe concussion I sustained about 8 weeks before Covid hit me.

I think Hamilton is okay but his commenst about long term effects are genuine in my eyes.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(01-08-2021, 06:32 PM)morini Wrote:  Anybody read the media reports about Hamilton and his health? He looked completely shagged out on the podium and apparently had to see the team doctor with dizziness and blurred vision. They are talking about him suffering from long covid. I wonder if there's anything in that?

Hamilton says he's still suffering effects of Covid as he's treated for 'fatigue and dizziness' after gruelling run to third in Hungary | Formula 1®

Lewis mentioned it in the press conference, Sky showed it, he said it was still affecting him.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Sebastian Vettels second place could be taken away from him as he failed to have sufficient fuel in his car for the FIA to take the customary 1 litre sample. They could only get 0.3.

That would be very very harsh to take that away from him because of that. To me this should be a team fine and points deduction and not a punishment on the driver.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(01-08-2021, 08:58 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Sebastian Vettels second place could be taken away from him as he failed to have sufficient fuel in his car for the FIA to take the customary 1 litre sample. They could only get 0.3.

That would be very very harsh to take that away from him because of that. To me this should be a team fine and points deduction and not a punishment on the driver.

I agree. Let him keep that P2.

I thought that rule only applied to quali though? Remember Hamilton in Spain (2012 was it?) when he took pole, ran out of fuel and was disqualified. Maldanado inherited the pole and win.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(01-08-2021, 07:10 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well, I he doctors believe I'm suffering with it too, because I'm utterly shagged after any mild physical exertion & I've had a fair few seizures when previously it was all under control. So I do not think it is a myth, & if he's suffering with it I hope it's not serious.

(01-08-2021, 07:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I think Long Covid is a real thing and a bigger issue than many think. Whilst I have not had the unfortune symptoms of what Jody has suffered. I am still dealing with some minor issues. I still have two numb fingers on my left hand. I have a cough which stubbornly will simply not go away. I still break out in a rash over my body.

I was bed bound for about a month with Covid. I am not someone who generally speaking suffers with short term illnesses but I can tell you it hit every single weakness in my body. I will not bore you with all the things I dealt with but suffice to say there were many issues some of which were excruciatingly painful. The most serious was headaches from a severe concussion I sustained about 8 weeks before Covid hit me.

I think Hamilton is okay but his commenst about long term effects are genuine in my eyes.

Very sorry to hear you chaps are still suffering after affects. GWS.

Man that would be super, super harsh on Seb & Aston Martin. I hope he keeps his P2.

Just gone over Article 6.6.2 of the regs. It's a slam dunk DSQ. But I still hope they are lenient on him & the team.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Sebastian Vettel has been disqualified from the Hungarian Grand Prix after the FIA was unable to take an adequate fuel sample from his Aston Martin at the end of the race.

Seems harsh after such a great race.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Confirmed... They've DSQ'ed Seb Vettel. I'm seriously unhappy about that.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vette...ssion=true
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-08-2021, 09:09 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Man that would be super, super harsh on Seb & Aston Martin. I hope he keeps his P2.

Says on the SSF1 website they were summoned to stewards at 7:20pm. Surely they should now the outcome by now?

If it helps out Seb, I have a jerry can in the garage for my lawnmower. You are welcome to have 0.7L out of that if it gets you out of a hole.