2021 Hungarian GP

Actually I think there'll be a more interesting race if Mercedes keep it one, two & we might get RBR going hyper aggressive on strategy. Otherwise I think we'll get a dull race if the RBRs no the Mercs.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Unexpected result for sure. The Red Bull car does not look good on the Medium compounds and really has not this season. Mercedes on the other hand does. The Red Bull however looks really good on the soft compound and the Mercedes not so much. Very surprised Red Bull qualified on soft tyres for the race and Verstappen saying they needed to is somewhat shocking to me. Not sure I am buying into that.

The race should be very interesting. Red Bull and Verstappen in particular will be very fast off the line. I would expect Mercedes to use Bottas to try and block Verstappen in at lights out leaving the way for Hamilton to get away well. I absolutely would not write off a first corner coming together of any of the top four.

Absolutely expected Horner to cry foul after the way Hamilton slowed the pace down on his last qualifying lap run but perfectly fair to do so. I have to think Red Bull will have to two stop and I think Mercedes will too but if they can stretch it into a one stop all things being equal (which they rarely are these days) they should win the race. I think the starting lap will dictate the teams strategy of the race. If Verstappen gets away and into the lead I think he needs to push hard and get as big of a lead as possible before his first stop. Conversely Mercedes either way should try and stretch their opening tyre choice to the limit. Looking at the weather forecast the temps are going to be mid 90's (as per Saturday evening USA time just after Midnight UK time) that may make a two stop unavoidable.

Regardless of the outcome we are going to see this battle run all season long, I still think Red Bull have the better all round car.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Rain came the F3 race, on lap 9 great battel for 1st featuring little Leclerc & hauger, it looks like they are teams mates ( not watched f3 at all so far). Very clean and respectful racing, kudos.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Rain expected in 15m    Cool

Enjoy peoples    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

What a tricky one for the teams... Wets or Inters? 

Tasty.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Carnage!

Very clumsy from Bottas.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Entertaining race. Enjoyed that one.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

"Taken out by a Mercedes... again!"

Here we go the war of words is going to heat up again. Waiting for Dickhead AKA Marko to interject with his comments.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Entertaining race, but Mercedes will be kicking themselves, & now Lewis will have to do Spa without his wingman. So I think that'll be a tough race for him to win. But this is the rest of the season from here on out & where I think the advantages will be:

Belgian GP (Mercedes)
Dutch GP (RBR)
Italian GP (too close)
Russian GP (RBR)
Turkish GP (RBR)
Japanese GP (Merc)
USA GP (Too close)
Mexican GP (RBR)
Brazilian GP (too close)
Saudi Arabian GP (No idea)
Abu Dhabi GP (RBR, just)

At least that's how I see it. But I don't think it'll be massive differences at any track, but maybe we'll see it at one or two tracks either team have a big advantage.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Anybody read the media reports about Hamilton and his health? He looked completely shagged out on the podium and apparently had to see the team doctor with dizziness and blurred vision. They are talking about him suffering from long covid. I wonder if there's anything in that?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post