2021 Styrian GP

Enjoyed chat room today....we may not be strong in numbers but we are strong in friends.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 5 users Like pennywise's post

Enjoy the racing tomorrow gents, catch up later in the evening........hopefully to gloat Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-06-2021, 09:05 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Enjoy the racing tomorrow gents, catch up later in the evening........hopefully to gloat Wink

Yep. I think Ferrari are good for a points finish Smile
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Enjoy the days racing lads.    Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Flag to flag victory, congrats to Max, didn't put a foot wrong.    Cool

Pressure is now on Lewis/Mercedes with only a week until we race again, clinging at straws, thought/hoped the Red Bull would use up its tyre's faster but no, perfect race for them, hoping with softer tyre's next week Lewis might be able to run Max closer, though to be honest I'm not holding my breath....

Lando!!!!!  the kid puts in another great race, two young Brits coming through, so chuffed.     Big Grin

Charles is my DOTD, but impressed with Carlos as well, could hear the nerves in his voice when asked to un lap himself, who would want to be a that guy that took out a Championship contender, did it with ease though.

Feel for George, so close but so far from a point, high hopes he can achieve points next week.  

Been busy yesterday/today but will try & get into quali chat next week.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

It was a very boring race with little to get excited about unless of course you are a Max Verstappen or Red Bull fan.  Both are having an extraordinary season and totally deserve to be in the position they are currently in. As a Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes fan I am not quite ready to throw the towel in on the WDC just yet but in all honesty it is not looking good at this point. Pennywise made a good call in chat today. If Mercedes (Hamilton) do not win at Silverstone its over. I am not 100% onboard with that but if that happens the fat lady is probably warming her voice up in the wings!

I guess the WCC title is still up for grabs but I dont really see much more light on that for Mercedes than I do for Hamilton vs Verstappen.

Softer tyres will not make much of a difference to the result next week I think the same result is absolutely on the cards.  Without outside interference by a safety car or two at the right time or a weather intervention the outcome will probably be the same.

Hamilton wondered after the race if Mercedes were spending at the same rate as Red Bull, a point Toto Wolff said that they absolutely were.  However what did come out of that interview with Wolff was it is clear Mercedes are putting a huge amount of effort into next seasons car as the changes are so many.  Not saying RBR are not doing the same but I just wonder if they sensed an opportunity to jump Mercedes this season and are putting more time and effort into it.  Who knows.

To see the drop off of Mercedes is quite alarming. Jody made the point during the race that the changes made before the season started with Rake and Bodywork rule changes was a huge disadvantage to Mercedes and indeed Aston Martin. I am not looking for excuses here just trying to understand more why the drop off in performance. Perhaps some of you guys can educate me a little on that point.

I have said it many times but it warrants repeating, my hats off to Honda who have along with RBR done a great job on their engine. It will be interesting to see what happens next season although common sense tells me there will still be many Honda employees helping during the transition.

There were some bright spots in the race though.  Leclercs fightback to 7th place won him the driver of the day and Sainz 6th place were creditable and Ferrari must be happy although they are not as close to the front as perhaps I expected them to be after the first few races. Forza will be a happy boy with the result even though he will tinged with some sadness at the failure of Hamilton to win.  Indeed todays race was clear proof if we needed it that Red Bull and Mercedes are still light years ahead of the field.

Norris showing he is the real deal. Russell so unlucky with his car. It would have been interesting to see if he could have scored his first point in a Williams. Surely he has done enough to prove his worth to Mercedes.  Creditable performances from Alonso, Tsunoda and Raikonnen.

On the downside Danny Ricciardo still not firing on all cylinders seems today his car was not either!  Giovinazzi so far behind Kimi whose fastest lap was 7 tens quicker than his team mate.

There is always some Blue sky visable in a race but sometimes you need a telescope to see it. That was the case today. I am not holding my breathe for next week to be any different.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Not long finished watching the race, meh, as Neil said not much in the way of excitement out front unfortunately though there was a few great drives today. Gutted for George who was putting in a stellar drive until his issue. Cant see too much of a difference next week but we live in hope.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Bottas quali lap vs Max (ghost car)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1409529770644234246

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-06-2021, 05:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Bottas quali lap vs Max (ghost car)

Never saw such ghost car comparison. Pretty interesting. 
Seems like the Red Bull is faster in acceleration, while top speed is the same.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(29-06-2021, 08:14 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(29-06-2021, 05:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Bottas quali lap vs Max (ghost car)

Never saw such ghost car comparison. Pretty interesting. 
Seems like the Red Bull is faster in acceleration, while top speed is the same.

Yeah, gives us a good comparison, nice one Forza.    Cool

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post