2021 Azerbaijan GP

(04-06-2021, 06:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sorry, not sorry (I have to make the most of this while I can)  Wink

https://twitter.com/i/status/1400853537463091201

hehe, in seriousness thats pretty crazy. Imagine happening during a sporting visit.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

A real mix of tyres in FP3. Not seen such a mix in a long while.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I think Mercedes are in real trouble here today. Really not sure they can turn it around. Their car just looks really slow. Like stupidly slow.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Well that was a very disjointed qualifying for sure. So many impacts with the wall and I just watched the second F2 sprint race and that was the same with car after car crashing! The odds of multiple safety cars must be very high for the race itself.

Amazing performance by Leclerc probably assisted by the two Mercedes drivers going for a warm up lap before trying for a time on their second but nonetheless it was a fantastic lap.

Mercedes will fell like they played a get out of jail free card by getting Hamilton on to the front row, Bottas not so much but in truth he was assisting Hamilton you feel.

That said the lap of the day for me was driven by Pierre Gasly.

Danny Ricciardo's season continues to be a miserable one and his team mate at time of writing may be in for a grid drop for a Red Flag infringement which would be pretty harsh in my view.

I think we are set up for a very interesting race tomorrow and I think its wide open and any of the top 6 could win it.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Fucking Tsunoda. This kid is not ready for F1. He haven't has a decent race since the start and it was looking good today and although many crash in Baku (and there is no shame in it), it looks like Tsunoda just was far to late with everything.
Monaco again; some great drivers like Verstappen in the purples and red flag.

I do am happy for Leclerc. With Verstappen and Hamilton he belongs to a very special group of drivers. Well done. Feel bad for Sainz.

Hamilton did like he always does (Toto even more); cry a lot in advance but still there in the end. I mean, Mercedes won every race in Baku (or maybe 90%) and still say that the track doesn't suit Mercedes? But good work from Hamilton while Bottas was sucking balls (not completely fair; Bottas seemed fast until Tsunoda's red flag).

I lost track of Perez, but he sure looks like he is back were he belongs. Think he could be higher up without the red flag.

Well, that. Good race ahead of us.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

Norris does indeed take a three spot grid penalty. I think that is very harsh.

I understand the Red Flag situation demands strict attention but any more than a yellow flag where if you slow down about 5 MPH it is considered okay.

There is a distinct lack of consistency relative to the penalties and offenses committed in F1. Track limits is another that comes to mind.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Only logged in to read all the complaints about team orders, ya know just like back when the red team previously done similar.....but...tumbleweeds, nada!.....I guess somehow it differs when Merc do it. Wink

I hope Bottas has a large tub of Sudocream and a rubber-ring to sit on back at the hotel......poor sod was bent over and royally shafted by the whole team today.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-06-2021, 06:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Only logged in to read all the complaints about team orders, ya know just like back when the red team previously done similar.....but...tumbleweeds, nada!.....I guess somehow it differs when Merc do it. Wink

I hope Bottas has a large tub of Sudocream and a rubber-ring to sit on back at the hotel......poor sod was bent over and royally shafted by the whole team today.

I have no issue with any team issuing team orders its totally up to them and not against any rule. It is a rare situation where the second driver is the beneficiary of such orders. It was Hamiltons turn to choose first or second which lets be honest in Baku is a no brainer.  If I was a team principal I would always let my number one pick and choose where he wants to be.

I wonder how much Bottas lack of speed was due to him running a different rear wing today. He is usually a strong player in this GP.  Even at 10th on the grid I would not write him off for a podium in this crazy race!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(05-06-2021, 06:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Only logged in to read all the complaints about team orders, ya know just like back when the red team previously done similar.....but...tumbleweeds, nada!.....I guess somehow it differs when Merc do it. Wink

There was me thinking you would log in to say thank you to Sir Lewis for the mega tow he provided to the tifosi.    Laughing

CLK shines again, had to feel for all the lads on a quick lap after Yuki put it into the wall........ again.   Tongue

Though the little Devil on my shoulder did quite enjoy the drivers whinging.    Devil

What a season we are having! three teams 1,2 & 3 how cool is this.   Cool

Congrats on pole to Ferrari & Charles, lets hope its a season long fight.    Big Grin

Edit: 1,2,3,4 soz Pierre & Alpha Tauri, my bad.    Shutup

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

FFS.....I must be losing my winding up touch........im 2-0 down already

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post