Flexi wings

Im not trying to open old wounds but read this earlier...

GARY ANDERSON: WHY RED BULL’S FLEXI-WING ARGUMENTS MAKE SENSE

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-ande...ake-sense/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

"Long gone are the days when Bernie Eccelstone would sit everyone down and do his best to ensure they didn’t bring the sport into dispute. Usually, he found a resolution before things got out of control."

Things you thought you would never say......... I miss Bernie.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(26-05-2021, 05:00 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Things you thought you would never say......... I miss Bernie.

Yup....for a jumped up little prick he wasnt a bad fella  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Wow...

I thought for a moment Forza has gone into selling products for women only in a new career move!

(26-05-2021, 09:45 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Im not trying to open old wounds but read this earlier...

GARY ANDERSON: WHY RED BULL’S FLEXI-WING ARGUMENTS MAKE SENSE

https://the-race.com/formula-1/gary-ande...ake-sense/

I agree with him Forza. It covers the very points I was trying (and failing miserably) to get over to Morini. Saying a wing must not be bend and be flexible is a pathetic comment given how detailed the rest of the regulations are that govern the sport. Give them an angle of deflection that is acceptable and what is not. ***It really is not that difficult and can easily be done in a simple wind tunnel test.*** (as per my edit below it does not even need a wind tunnel it can be done and already is done simply with cameras!!!!

Not only that but they were already approved by the FIA, let me repeat that they were already APPROVED!!!!!!!

Red Bull have followed the rules as laid down. The comment about Charlie standing by the car and saying yes or no is absolutely spot on.

There should never be any mid season change in any rules it is totally unfair. Once each teams cars have been APPROVED that should be the end of the matter unless of course they change something.

I am sorry to say this but the FIA have brought a lot of suspicion on themselves for the way they handled the Ferrari engine fiasco and now this.  When Mercedes introduced DAS it was allowed for the whole season.  The rules should be implemented in Black and White. It either conforms or it does not.  If it is a gray area it should be addressed between seasons. Its not rocket science!

Edit: Per the Article

There is a very simple way to sort this out. We often see the teams measuring its front wing deflection with a camera focused on a reference target on the front wing endplates, so the technology exists. The FIA could simply request that all teams focus the FOM roll bar camera on the top of the rear wing flap, stick a reference target on it at each end and – hey ho – you will have a deflection-to-speed graph. It’s easy to check who has a non-linear deflection and if so they need to justify it or pack up their truck.

Exactly the same could be done with the front wings.

While there are rules allowing a certain deflection under the tests, if you want to rigidly apply the catch-all rule preventing flexibility, then it would have to apply to everything. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Thank you Mr. Anderson You made my point a lot better than I did.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post