2021 Spanish GP

(07-05-2021, 04:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Must be something in the air, I had an online interview just over 3 weeks ago and got word on Monday I had got the position....they were slightly miffed when I turned it down (only wanted to see if I still had my bullshitting abilities Wink )

I won't turn it down if I pass the next stage as it is 100% remote, which is a major plus point. However, I'd much prefer to pick up a 6 month contract, have 6 months off and repeat that cycle for a two or three years. I've even thought about early retirement, but if I'm honest I'm getting pretty bored now.

[edit]
Sorry about the thread pollution folks!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(only wanted to see if I still had my bullshitting abilities Wink )

Well all they needed to do was ask your fellow Banterers and we could have told them absolutely he does!!!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Top man Morini. Good luck with getting it any way.

As to race pace, Lewis from Bottas by about 0.4 per lap, Max and Checo about a tenth back on that and really close, Checo more consistent though with not as much drop off.

Then McLaren & Aston Martin, but Alpha Tauri were on their pace, or at least Gasly was. Ferrari looked weird. On the Softs both cars were nowhere, utterly dire, but the medium runs both Sainz & Leclerc looked not to far off RBR pace.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Just looking on official f1 site and I have to question the quality of the information they publish.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...EYbJg.html

Not sure how believable any of that is TBH? Anybody else sceptical? Take this graphic as an example

How exactly are they coming to this conclusion after Friday FP sessions? Can anyone enlighten me? I see the times posted (taken with a pinch of salt as it's Friday), but there seems to be tons on Analysis available these days and none of it reflects reality. 

The only thing I really believe from the information they post up is that Haas are in deep shit  Rolleyes
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

It's bollocks. I don't get why people can't see it's bollocks either.

GPS traces show McLaren & the two big boys were not running their motors full beans, & we have no idea what engine modes they'll use during race day / quali. Also no idea on fuel levels yet again. But looking at apex speeds neither RBR or Merc were light on fuel today. 

There's more sand bagging going on this season than ever before. Even in the midfield. The long run pace so far this season has actually been far mor indicative of actual or king order come Saturday & of course Sunday.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

>!
I am a bot....
My purpose is to detect and translate comments made by incoherent pissed people into english (ish) ....
!>

<morinitranslate AI service>
There's more sand bagging going on this season than ever before. Even in the midfield. The long run pace so far this season has actually been far more indicative of actual pecking order come Saturday & of course Sunday.
</morinitranslate AI service>

Laughing
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(07-05-2021, 09:10 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  It's bollocks. I don't get why people can't see it's bollocks either.

GPS traces show McLaren & the two big boys were not running their motors full beans, & we have no idea what engine modes they'll use during race day / quali. Also no idea on fuel levels yet again. But looking at apex speeds neither RBR or Merc were light on fuel today. 

There's more sand bagging going on this season than ever before. Even in the midfield. The long run pace so far this season has actually been far mor indicative of actual or king order come Saturday & of course Sunday.

Exactly this. Only thing from the charts that shows some truth is Haas being shite.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

I may or may not have had a gin or three Morini, but I'm confirming nothing.

FP3 they showed a bit more if their hand. I think the RBR does look a bit quicker mostly because of that middle sector. But if Lewis nails a lap he's going to be in with a shot. But we'll see soon enough.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(08-05-2021, 12:07 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I may or may not have had a gin or three Morini, but I'm confirming nothing.

FP3 they showed a bit more if their hand. I think the RBR does look a bit quicker mostly because of that middle sector. But if Lewis nails a lap he's going to be in with a shot. But we'll see soon enough.

You are starting early. Respect!

Not so sure myself. I think Mercedes are hiding a lot of pace. Hamilton set both his "quicker" times on the second stab, but I agree Max looked very quick in S2. I'm going to say Mercedes pole by quite some margin (I don't think it's as close as it looks).

No idea about race pace, but I guess we will find out on Sunday. Red Bull have saved a set of mediums, but again I'm not sure exactly why? I would think the race will be medium -> hard 1 stopper for the front runners.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Pulling an all nighter Morini to get something done. Body clock buggered to hell now, but I needed to work with someone on the West Coast USA so what you gonna do? Three month project done two weeks early though so happy days. Might not make it into the chat for Quali though. My eyes are a bit heavy.

As to FP3 times? I think it's clear both teams have more to show, but I think we got a little bit closer to what they both are capable of.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post