2021 Spanish GP

PS. Mazepin should get kicked out of F1 after four races. The guy is terrible in every way and has nor reason being in this sport.

(09-05-2021, 07:44 PM)NeilP Wrote:  The Championship is wide open Anti.  Max drove as good of a race today as possible. Mercedes decision to pit Lewis won the race.  The cars are very, very close yes maybe Mercedes are slightly ahead but it is such a small gap.

Like I said yesterday one DNF and one win and Max will be 11 points clear. Much too close to call at this stage.

No, Verstappen needs to be on the edge while both Mercedes drivers can afford some mistake (the dnf argument goes up for other party as well, if not even more). We can't take Hamilton and Verstappen as examples because both are pretty special in what they do and push the car further than it suppose to be.
On the other hand, Bottas and Perez are pretty good measuring instruments (don't know the right English word to use here) for were those cars are at. Bottas should not be third driver, he is a turd driver. That just says it all about this championship; Mercedes is ahead and with that advantage and two great drivers fighting, that little advantage in the car will make the difference. I have been watching this sport for so many years, such things become predictable. 

Red Bull will not win any championship this year, I am sure now already. Even willing to take a bet on it even though I never bet.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(09-05-2021, 07:44 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  On the other hand, Bottas and Perez are pretty good measuring instruments (don't know the right English word to use here) for were those cars are at.

Benchmark - is the word you are looking for.

Measuring instrument works equally well and we all know what you mean Anti. I still think Perez needs a bit more time to get comfortable though (and maybe get the engineers to bring the car setup towards what he likes).
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(09-05-2021, 08:19 PM)morini Wrote:  
(09-05-2021, 07:44 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  On the other hand, Bottas and Perez are pretty good measuring instruments (don't know the right English word to use here) for were those cars are at.

Benchmark - is the word you are looking for.

Measuring instrument works equally well and we all know what you mean Anti. I still think Perez needs a bit more time to get comfortable though (and maybe get the engineers to bring the car setup towards what he likes).

Thanks. Benchmark indeed is the word. Feel silly now not thinking of it myself. Will blame the alcohol...
You are right about Perez and he will get better. Still, Bottas should not be in that beautiful car. Let Russell have a go in it, I think he will push Hamilton further.

Got to have a 27B-6.

I think most of the details of the race have been discussed so not too much to add but as always....

Very disappointed with the performance this season of Racing Point.

Bottas again left for dead he just cannot dial in the speed to tyre wear ratio. Supposedly able to catch Max on the last lap he never look like getting close and of course that disappeared when they both stopped for tyres.

Better race for Perez but I remain unconvinced.

Carlos Sainz also a good race looking to get closer to his team mate indeed the same for Danny Ricciardo.

Another decent race for Ocon

Giovinazzi cannot beat his team mate AGAIN!

Russell beats his team mate AGAIN!

We joke about it but really Mazepin looks like a liability not only to Haas but also to the rest of the pack. I really think the FIA should bring him in a for a friendly chat.

I wish I could get the same excitement for Monaco as you guys. I understand for most of you its all about qualifying but the race should not exist it is a disgrace. Maybe we could have an end of season party there and a procession through the streets...oh sorry we already do!

Hope you all are keeping well in troubling times.

Final Flourish: I hate Red Bull but my favourite guy on that team is Gianpiero Lambiase. He is calm, controlled and knows Max really well. It is great match for them both and I love how he is not shy to tell Max like it is when he needs to.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Trying to find an angle not yet explored from the race and it would be.

Did Bottas make it hard for Hamilton to pass because he knows he is gone at the end of this season?

I think its absolutely possible. He has always played the wing man role when asked despite putting a brave face on in public it obviously irked him. Maybe now he does not care. Toto has said in public he will be there for the rest of year ( I know that could change - but likely will not) so what has he got to lose. Maybe its his way of saying to other teams look I am a racer and I want to win.

When you consider they brought him in for a tyre change one lap later what sense did it make to jeopardize Hamiltons race. Makes no sense to me
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(07-05-2021, 04:27 PM)morini Wrote:  
(07-05-2021, 04:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Must be something in the air, I had an online interview just over 3 weeks ago and got word on Monday I had got the position....they were slightly miffed when I turned it down (only wanted to see if I still had my bullshitting abilities Wink )

I won't turn it down if I pass the next stage as it is 100% remote, which is a major plus point. However, I'd much prefer to pick up a 6 month contract, have 6 months off and repeat that cycle for a two or three years. I've even thought about early retirement, but if I'm honest I'm getting pretty bored now.

So, I just had a second interview for this (panel interview). It was a 2 hour grilling, I'm knackered now and need a lie down!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(18-05-2021, 12:34 PM)morini Wrote:  So, I just had a second interview for this (panel interview). It was a 2 hour grilling, I'm knackered now and need a lie down!

2 hours?...feck that, sounds like hard work to me, hope you had your coffee mug filled with cheap plonk lol, fingers crossed for you buddy.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(18-05-2021, 01:03 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(18-05-2021, 12:34 PM)morini Wrote:  So, I just had a second interview for this (panel interview). It was a 2 hour grilling, I'm knackered now and need a lie down!

2 hours?...feck that, sounds like hard work to me, hope you had your coffee mug filled with cheap plonk lol, fingers crossed for you buddy.

Good luck mate.   Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post