2021 Portuguese GP

Hells yeah, Alpeeeen joining the fight for third, it could be every enticing.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Nico Risberg is rapidly becoming the German Eddie Irvine, an irrelevant bitter ex-driver whose ego is so monumentally huge they actually think they were much better drivers than they really were, and who will say any stupid shit they can to get attention and feel like they relevant because of it.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Have Merc done their homework bestest. Pirelli info:
Strategies https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status/...5292097536
Tyres remaining https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status/...3881691138
Starting tyres https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status...09/photo/1
Merc can run the predicted 2nd fastest strat.
RB could be stuck with slow strat. With a new set of Mediums, perhaps RB should've started with Softs?

A chance of a real mix of stats, so here's hoping the AWS pitstop phase graphic doesn't spoil and ruin it, like it always does. I want to see the result on track, not some sh*tty graphics box at the bottom of the screen.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(02-05-2021, 12:24 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Have Merc done their homework bestest. Pirelli info:
Strategies https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status/...5292097536
Tyres remaining https://twitter.com/pirellisport/status/...3881691138
Starting tyres https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/status...09/photo/1
Merc can run the predicted 2nd fastest strat.
RB could be stuck with slow strat. With a new set of Mediums, perhaps RB should've started with Softs?

A chance of a real mix of stats, so here's hoping the AWS pitstop phase graphic doesn't spoil and ruin it, like it always does. I want to see the result on track, not some sh*tty graphics box at the bottom of the screen.

I don't understand why RBR have kept a new set of mediums to be honest. Under normal racing conditions they will not be able to put them on the car. If there are safety cars it may turn into a small advantage but I really don't see deg playing a huge part here.

Merc could either go medium -> soft or medium -> used hard and still control the race.

Anyone checked what the weather is doing today?
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Portimao (Portugal) weather - Met Office

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I see we were all truly energised by that race : P

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(02-05-2021, 06:55 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I see we were all truly energised by that race : P

Well, there were a bunch of us in the chatroom and I had to duck out at the end of the race due to the Mrs nagging so couldn't immediately post in this race thread.

However, I enjoyed the race. No, it wasn't wall to wall excitement from start to finish but it certainly had its moments. I thought Lewis Hamilton was superb today and a cut above the rest. The overtake on Bottas was sublime.

Lando also continuing to extract the most out of what he's got. He impresses me more each week (especially as he looked lost in the FP sessions).

The Sky teams deflated mood after the race cheered me up no end. I don't think theres any place for PDR on TV if he can't control his bias. It was rather embarrassing, I thought he was going to burst into tears at one point.

I don't take much notice of DOTD because it's fixed, but apparently it went to Checo today. WTF? Did I miss him doing something outstanding today? I guess I must have.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(02-05-2021, 07:12 PM)morini Wrote:  
(02-05-2021, 06:55 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I see we were all truly energised by that race : P

Well, there were a bunch of us in the chatroom and I had to duck out at the end of the race due to the Mrs nagging so couldn't immediately post in this race thread.

However, I enjoyed the race. No, it wasn't wall to wall excitement from start to finish but it certainly had its moments. I thought Lewis Hamilton was superb today and a cut above the rest. The overtake on Bottas was sublime.

Lando also continuing to extract the most out of what he's got. He impresses me more each week (especially as he looked lost in the FP sessions).

The Sky teams deflated mood after the race cheered me up no end. I don't think theres any place for PDR on TV if he can't control his bias. It was rather embarrassing, I thought he was going to burst into tears at one point.

I don't take much notice of DOTD because it's fixed, but apparently it went to Checo today. WTF? Did I miss him doing something outstanding today? I guess I must have.

Don't ask me why Checo was DOTD....I couldn't answer or even make an argument...there were 3 candidates imo...Norris, Ocon, and Lewis...my own personal thought was Lewis deserved it....he recovered from 3rd place and took the win with 2 great moves against the 2 main rivals.

The Sky team were downbeat....except for Rosberg who continues to tell everyone just how great Lewis is to champion how good he was to beat him...he didn't really beat him...DNF's handed him the title.

Another given from this race is Bottas has overstayed his seat at Merc...put any one of Russell, Norris or Danny Ricc in that car and they would impress.....Mercedes could well lose the constructors championship if he continues to deliver poor results. He had a faster car than Max today and didn't deliver.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

Checo driver of the day? Bollocks. That was Lewis Hamilton. I don't think there's a question about that surely? Two overtakes on the track to win the race & once out in front never really looked like losing the race. On the hard tyres the Merc looked better, but on the medium tyres I think Max & Lewis were nip & tuck. Not much in it pace wise, but I think you'd have to say Mercedes were quicker here this weekend. So first two races RBR probably slightly quicker, but third race Mercedes were. Spain will be interesting, supposedly warmer weather & a circuit that given the cars characteristics so far this season SHOULD favour RBR. Only a 7 day turn around as well, so not much time to develop things. If Mercedes are quicker in Spain I think we're in for another long season of Lewis slowly pulling away from everyone. No Portugal wasn't a "classic", but it wasn't super dull either.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post