2021 Emilia Romagna GP

They've showed the 2020 version of this race a few times this week. I watched it last night.

Another one Hamilton won by just being "more savvy" than anyone else. Running third for the first stint, but turns it around by knowing his craft better than those around him. Chuckle brother #2 having a right old sulk on the commentary mid race saying Hamilton got "lucky" with a VSC. No Christian, he won it on the track by staying out longer and still being able to bang in quicker laps than Bottas and Max (even after they both stopped for fresh rubber). Even without the VSC he had built a big enough gap to pit and still lead.

Wasn't a great race tho.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

The w@nkers just never learn, why do they make this so difficult?.......Just keep a fecking tyre within the white lines.......simple!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(15-04-2021, 11:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The w@nkers just never learn, why do they make this so difficult?.......Just keep a fecking tyre within the white lines.......simple!

This also grips my shit, how fecking hard is it....     Angry

Think track limits is one of the "few" things we all agree on, I'd guess most motorsport fans would.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Seriously, a wall of test for track limits.....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Seems it gets more attention now:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...g/6276349/

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

This sits fairly and squarely on Masi's shoulders. He created the mess that was the Bahrain situation and frankly his comments do nothing to inspire any confidence in the truth. If going off track (which in my opinion should always be a no no.) was not acceptable during practice and qualifying how was it okay for the race?

I do not blame Hamilton for what he did he merely took advantage of the situation as indeed any driver should have done in the circumstance. Red Bull reaped what they sowed when they bitched and complained (Quite rightly in my opinion) and then ended up suffering for it. That said there is a big difference between gaining a lasting advantage as Masi put it and overtaking OFF track which is a totally different issue. (Remember USA GP Verstappen on Raikkonen).

It just begs the question why was the race any different to practice... utterly incomprehensible, unprofessional and smacks of favouritism whether intended or not.

Masi is a joke. Get your damn act together sunshine!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(15-04-2021, 09:29 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Masi is a joke. Get your damn act together sunshine!!!

This is the crux of it. The guy needs to go now as he's made too many mistakes and is always courting controversy. Anyone who is constantly defending his position when talking to the media needs to take a look at themselves and evaluate whether or not they are doing a good enough job. The FIA could make everyone's life a lot easier by mandating that one wheel stays within the white lines at all times (the only exeptions being genuine mistakes and being forced off the track). It could be policed via technology too, so there's no excuse for this becoming a non issue.

Regarding the article linked to above, it makes me laugh that they are singling out Lewis Hamilton for infringing. All the drivers were running wide at T4 apart from Verstappen who was apparently angelic (some might say naive). It would have stayed that way for the whole race too except Horner got on the phone and complained. I have zero sympathy.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

^^^ Lets hope so!     Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Nice weather expectation.

Got to have a 27B-6.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post