Fantasy/Dream Team 2018 season

(21-03-2018, 10:17 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I've lost count of the different selections ive gone through. I know it'll change come Friday.

Sorry, yes, "shield" its called. Looking sharp Fog!

Yep, pissed me off the name thing.

I'd say, if you get sucked into this, is to have a look at the points section under the 'Help (?)' tab. The difference between driver points and car points, and how car points work. aswell as bonus points, driver captain x2 multiplier, and positions gained points.
i tried to list some important things in the Fantasy League information sticky.

Anything just shout. Edit: Except the rivalry thing, not really used it.Think its a case of just pick someone and after every round it does some nice comparison graphs. I guess its competition inside a competition.

You mean driver takes more points than car (eg; driver Hamilton takes more points than car Mercedes)?
Of course I was to lazy to read any of the info. Was happy to get up a team at all...
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

A 'Captained' driver can score more points than a car.
However! Cars can be the biggest scorers. If both drivers do very well. The cars could be the highest scorers of the round.
The 'Captains Bonus' does not affect their teams cars points.

When trading, or in the stats section, you will see '2017 points' and '2017 avg'. You will notice the cars are higher than the drivers.

NOTE: CARS ARE NOT SPECIFIC TO A SINGLE DRIVER. EACH CAR COVERS BOTH FINISHING POSITIONS. DRIVERS AND CARS HAVE A DIFFERENT SCORING CHART.

A SINGLE ROUND EXAMPLE:
Perez - 
Q 1st = 50, 
R 5th = 40, 
Fastest Lap = 20, 
Total = 110

Ocon - 
Q 5th = 20, 
R 3rd = 60, 
Position Gained +2 = 2x4 = 8, 
Total = 88

Force India  - 
Q 1st + 5th = 30+12 = 42, 
R 5th + 3rd = 24+36 = 60, 
PG = 8, 
FL = 20, 
Total = 130 - For both cars.

I really hope I haven't complicated matters.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Fog, think I've setup the rivalry, or not, easily confused, probably best someone that knows what they are doing checks lol, stoner wars! Tongue

Edit, let me know if you can see it your end Bud.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(22-03-2018, 04:06 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  A 'Captained' driver can score more points than a car.
However! Cars can be the biggest scorers. If both drivers do very well. The cars could be the highest scorers of the round.
The 'Captains Bonus' does not affect their teams cars points.

When trading, or in the stats section, you will see '2017 points' and '2017 avg'. You will notice the cars are higher than the drivers.

NOTE: CARS ARE NOT SPECIFIC TO A SINGLE DRIVER. EACH CAR COVERS BOTH FINISHING POSITIONS. DRIVERS AND CARS HAVE A DIFFERENT SCORING CHART.

A SINGLE ROUND EXAMPLE:
Perez - 
Q 1st = 50, 
R 5th = 40, 
Fastest Lap = 20, 
Total = 110

Ocon - 
Q 5th = 20, 
R 3rd = 60, 
Position Gained +2 = 2x4 = 8, 
Total = 88

Force India  - 
Q 1st + 5th = 30+12 = 42, 
R 5th + 3rd = 24+36 = 60, 
PG = 8, 
FL = 20, 
Total = 130 - For both cars.

I really hope I haven't complicated matters.

It is clear to me, I think. Choose both Mercedes cars, bulk of my budget. Good choice it seems.

Umm...., should I have read the instructions then? Never been one for RTFM. It's a bit late now so I'll run what I brung and live with the consequences Smile

(22-03-2018, 04:59 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(22-03-2018, 04:06 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I really hope I haven't complicated matters.

It is clear to me, I think. Choose both Mercedes cars, bulk of my budget. Good choice it seems.

(22-03-2018, 04:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  think I set up the rivalry . . . Edit, let me know if you can see it your end Bud.

1) you do know who you're dealing with here Monster Smile

2) Bollocks Anti - I can't make myself do that, choosing 1 Merc was painful enough lol Smile

3) can't see it my end Paps - but then again I'm still confused why when you go to the menu, a menu bar appears, but when you click it nothing happens - another one for the mystery gang Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

It's never too late, well it will be, but you have until the start of Qualy before lock out.

Just buy the best team you can, a team you think will perform the best. Easy : P

(22-03-2018, 08:02 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  It's never too late,

Question Monster re. team captainConfusedo do driver passes count, if they get re-passed? don't want give too much away bout who I might be referring to lol Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

(22-03-2018, 08:02 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  It's never too late ...

True. But life's too short to second guess yourself. I'll take my chances with my initial dodgy selection (done without any reading of the rules I might add) Smile
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(22-03-2018, 08:51 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(22-03-2018, 08:02 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  It's never too late,

Question Monster re. team captainConfusedo do driver passes count, if they get re-passed? don't want give too much away bout who I might be referring to lol Smile

No, it's all about positions gained from official classification of Qualifying to Race result.