2020 Sakhir GP

Ted Kravitz on Hamilton's positive Covid-19 test & who will race the Sakhir GP instead - YouTube     (8m 31s)

Ted Kravitz on Hamilton's positive Covid-19 test & who will race the Sakhir GP instead

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

According to this (disgraceful online rag, I grant you)

https://www.planetf1.com/news/george-rus...placement/

George is in pole position. Not sure if it is based on any actual facts, but it would make me very happy to see the lad have a crack in the Merc.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(01-12-2020, 09:24 PM)morini Wrote:  According to this (disgraceful online rag, I grant you)

Cheers M......inadvertantly reminded me to renew my ad-blocker!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-12-2020, 09:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Cheers M......inadvertantly reminded me to renew my ad-blocker!

Essential kit on that site!

Don't go there unbagged peeps Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Really hope George gets the drive, heard him being teased by Alex & Lando, be nice if he could have some bragging rights over them.   Big Grin

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Russell emerges as frontrunner to replace Hamilton for F1 Sakhir GP - F1 - Autosport

Russell emerges as frontrunner to replace Hamilton for F1 Sakhir GP

Autosport understands George Russell has emerged as the frontrunner to replace Lewis Hamilton for the Formula 1 Sakhir Grand Prix, with a final decision due on Wednesday morning.

Smoke?....... Fire?........  Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

George just confirmed. He will drive the Merc.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...-sakhir-gp
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(02-12-2020, 08:58 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  George just confirmed. He will drive the Merc.

Ah bollocks.......that means Im compelled to cheer on a Mercedes driver this weekend  Huh

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(02-12-2020, 08:58 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  George just confirmed. He will drive the Merc.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...-sakhir-gp

Great stuff. That is brilliant news and the correct decision from Mercedes. 

It's a shame it is such an unrepresentative track (being basically an oval) but the Mercedes should be strong regardless.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Having 4 Brits on the grid makes Papa happy.    Cool

Going to enjoy this weekend.   Big Grin

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post