2020 Sakhir GP

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ah well, could have been worse. At least it didn't affect the championships.

Probably miss Abu Dhabi as well I would think. They should give George Russell a shot in the car (but I bet they don't).
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

So looks like Vandoorne will replace Lewis, same Morini I'd love George to be given a chance but think it unlikely Williams will let him, I'd prefer the Hulk to Vandoorne but who ever gets the drive makes this race interesting.

Hoping the best for Lewis as he's young & fit, very thankful he has already done the business.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Give Hulk a go, he might get his first podium!
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

(01-12-2020, 12:14 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hoping the best for Lewis as he's young & fit, very thankful he has already done the business.

I don't think the virus itself is a risk to these guys as they aren't exactly in the "at risk" category. It's more about having to observe all the protocols. I hope Roscoe doesn't get it though as he's a chunky f*cker Wink

(01-12-2020, 02:22 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  Give Hulk a go, he might get his first podium!

I doubt they would consider Hulkenberg because of the current links / speculation with Red Bull. I could be wrong, but I'd say he will be well down the list. Vandoorne then Russell are the two most likely IMO (depending on whether Williams will let George go).
[+] 6 users Like morini's post

Why would it not be Esteban Gutiérrez?

(01-12-2020, 06:02 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Why would it not be Esteban Gutiérrez?

Bahrain continues to be crazy.

I believe Vandorne is their reserve driver, where Gutierrez, is a sim driver, like Ant Davidson.

I'd prefer Russel to get the gig, show why the young blood is needed.

Be good for Hulk to have a go, and finally have a win.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I think 99% of F1 fans would want to see George Russell in the seat. Williams out of sheer respect to him and Mercedes should release him if that is the way Mercedes want to go. That said is this going to be a really representative race to judge anyone by; I think not.

I personally would rather see another race on the same layout because this is a real Mickey Mouse idea of a circuit.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

I personally would like to see Hulkenberg gets the seat of Hamilton next race, so he finally gets his first podium in F1. On the other hand, I also believe he will get Albon's seat next year for at least a whole season, so plenty of podiums coming up.

I would not mind Russel, but he actually is a driver for another team. How does that work in the drivers championship? Would not be fair.
It should be Vandoorne then. He is in fact their reserve driver. What is the point of having a reserve driver if you don't use them for these occasions?

How awesome is this...

Pivotal to all this was Corporal Thayer Ali Taher who crossed the track after the pack was gone and the medical car had stopped, his extinguisher appearing to create a protective cell around the cockpit zone.

Another marshal Sergeant John Matthew on the other side of the barrier was effective too. Both men were from the Bahrain civil defence and were promoted the very next morning, Taher to Sergeant and Matthew to Sergeant Major.

From Martin Brundle on Sky Sports F1 page
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post