2020 Turkish GP

Just a thought about the race, with them struggling with tyre warm up so much any safety car & restart going to be mental fun   Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Now that was a show, great viewing. Well done lance, and to RP. With this he has cemented himself as a top wet driver, for sure.

Merc's ay, what the hell? Best all round performing car disappeared....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(14-11-2020, 02:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Now that was a show, great viewing. Well done lance, and to RP. With this he has cemented himself as a top wet driver, for sure.

Merc's ay, what the hell? Best all round performing car disappeared....

Looks like they struggled to get the temp into the tyre for me.
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

Just read: Drivers under investigation for yellow flag infringements during Q1. Sainz, Ricciardo, Gasly, Stroll, Perez, Norris, Hamilton, Bottas, Magnussen & Russell. Gonna be a long night for the stewards.

Sainz also called to stewards for impeding

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Well I just watched the lowlights of that Quali and thank goodness I never bothered getting up at 5 am to watch. As for all the investigations of exceeding track limits in those conditions are you kidding me... ridiculous!

Its great things are mixed up but having read so much from you guys how great this circuit is it is so far a huge disappointment. Driving around a Sainsbury's car park would be just as much fun.

I can see there will be more clamouring for Bernies switch the hoses on idea after this weekend. I hope its a dry race tomorrow so we can see some racing as opposed to skating. That first session should have been stopped much quicker than it was we are lucky to get through without any major accidents.

It is a very unimpressed Neil today!

(14-11-2020, 03:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just read: Drivers under investigation for yellow flag infringements during Q1. Sainz, Ricciardo, Gasly, Stroll, Perez, Norris, Hamilton, Bottas, Magnussen & Russell. Gonna be a long night for the stewards.

Sainz also called to stewards for impeding

Basically everyone who was behind Lafitti on the track then! Anyway, nothing will come of any of that. Proving drivers didn't back off will be impossible when they were all using like 20% throttle.

Waste of time.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(14-11-2020, 04:29 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Well I just watched the lowlights of that Quali and thank goodness I never bothered getting up at 5 am to watch.

It is a very unimpressed Neil today!

I enjoyed it once it got going. Obvious the Mercs couldn't switch their tyres on today. If it is dry I can still see Hamilton winning it though, he had good race pace in FP2. Almost certain to be safety cars tomorrow too.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

3 place grid drop for Sainz.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(14-11-2020, 04:56 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  3 place grid drop for Sainz.

Eh? What for? Impeding was it?

Seidl reckoned both drivers were on laps so I don't see how that one is fair.

Yeah, impeding

[+] 2 users Like morini's post

By the way, the only summons I see for not respecting yellows are for lando and Lance Stroll. Don't see any others in that long list given earlier.

I hope Stroll keeps his pole as it was thoroughly deserved.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post