2020 Turkish GP

Really enjoyed watching dancing on ice FP1 this morning, reminded me back when I was a boy putting soap/fairy liquid on my Scalextric track, zero grip > maximum fun.   Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-11-2020, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:   reminded me back when I was a boy putting soap/fairy liquid on my Scalextric track, zero grip > maximum fun

LOL, I thought I was the only one doing things like this.......I even managed a few very "wet races".........until my dad pointed out my stupidity  Huh

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Verstappen and Leclerc looking very good.
I have a feeling Mercedes is not showing their speed at all. Sure they will blast away everyone tomorrow.

Looking to be some interesting racing this weekend.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

(13-11-2020, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Really enjoyed watching dancing on ice FP1 this morning, reminded me back when I was a boy putting soap/fairy liquid on my Scalextric track, zero grip > maximum fun.   Tongue

haha exactly Papa, was really good to watch, like a season not long ago where they reduced downforce regs, and everyone was squirning.

The worrying thing was how it stretched the field, that was seriously unnerving.

Be nice to see Ferrari still pushing the front throughout the weekend, as they seemed to really excel on that zero grip track. Maybe they'll sneak a midnight track wash? : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(13-11-2020, 08:19 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Maybe they'll sneak a midnight track wash? : P

They don't need to as its raining quite heavily there now (FP3). Might make for an interesting quali session, though they don't have many sets of tyres to play with as it could well rain tomorrow as well.

Wasn't really expecting that in Turkey, but I'm not complaining.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Not looking good for quali at the moment. Oil from new track, lots of water and cold tyres might make it a bit of a farce.
[+] 4 users Like PaddyB's post

I like days like these, a chance for the smaller teams to roll the dice.     Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-11-2020, 11:52 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I like days like these, a chance for the smaller teams to roll the dice.     Cool

Yeah, would be good to see a mixed up grid for Sunday. As of 11am it looks wet but not raining so looks like we will get drying conditions (which could be a lottery for getting through Q1).
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Interesting point I hadn't thought of. Because it is a brand new surface there is no potentially grippy "off line" way to gain an advantage. This probably means our normal wet weather untouchables (Lewis & Max) won't have their usual dominance.

Could be some big upsets today I reckon.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Its looking good seeing that saftey car run.

Great point Morini, while Lewis, Max and Lance(yes I rate the kid as a top wet weather driver) might not have the opportunity to find the wet grip line, I think the neutral track will still be a showcase for them. Just as its a guarantee we'll see Grosjean keep his foot planted when he should be lifting a'la Monza qually a couple of years ago.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post