Aston Martin

I do not see any chance of this team becoming a top 3 team yet alone World Champions but I totally understand the comments and commitment.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Aston Martin has recruited Mercedes’ chief aerodynamicist Eric Blandin who will join the team at the end of the 2022 Formula 1 season.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/aston-mar...ero-chief/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Aston Martin has announced that its Formula 1 team principal, Otmar Szafnauer, has left the team.

Szafnauer had long been expected to leave his role at Aston Martin, with Motorsport.com reporting back in November that he looked set to take up a senior role with the rival Alpine squad.

Szafnauer said he had "no intention" of leaving Aston Martin and that he had a long-term contract in place.

But Aston Martin announced on Wednesday that Szafnauer had left his role as team principal and CEO of its F1 squad.

"Otmar Szafnauer has left the company and his role at Aston Martin Cognizant Formula 1 team will be managed within the leadership team until a replacement is appointed," the statement reads.

"We would like to thank him for the service provided to the team over the past 12 years and wish him well for the future as he will undoubtedly take on new challenges.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Aston Martin have announced ex-BMW motorsport boss Mike Krack as its new F1 team principal

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(14-01-2022, 02:24 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Aston Martin have announced ex-BMW motorsport boss Mike Krack as its new F1 team principal

I've never heard of this guy. What with Budkowski leaving / being sacked the Otmar Szafnauer to Alpine rumour could well turn out to be true then?
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Aston Martin has reached an agreement for Red Bull chief aerodynamicist Dan Fallows to join the team as technical director.

Fallows' switch was announced last year as part of an upscaling project at Aston Martin as owner Lawrence Stroll aims to boost the Silverstone-based team towards being an F1 front-runner.

The move was complicated by Red Bull's insistance that Fallows remained on a two-year contract, with Aston Martin revealing negotiations were still ongoing in November last year.

An agreement has been reached by both parties for Fallows to begin his role at Aston Martin after the season begins on April 2.

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner, as part of a joint statement, said: “We would like to thank Dan for his many years of excellent service and wish him well for the future.”

Aston Martin Group CEO Martin Whitmarsh added: “We are pleased to have reached an agreement with Red Bull which releases Dan early from his contract and are looking forward to him joining the team.”

Fallows commented: “I’ve enjoyed many happy years at Red Bull Racing and am proud of what we achieved. I am looking forward to next season and a new challenge.”

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

2022 Aston Martin
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...dl8YF.html

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Former Formula 1 driver and 2021/2022 Formula E champion Stoffel Vandoorne is to join Aston Martin next year in a test and reserve role.

The Belgian, who drove for McLaren between 2016 and 2018 and has most recently acted as a reserve for Mercedes, will undertake a ramped-up F1 programme alongside his FE commitments for DS Penske.

He will share responsibilities at Aston Martin with F2 champion Felipe Drugovich, who was recently signed as a test and reserve driver, throughout the intense 24-race schedule.

Vandoorne's move to Aston Martin will also see him renew a working relationship with Fernando Alonso, the pair having been teammates at McLaren from 2016 to 2018.

I wonder if this opens the door for Danny at Mercedes?

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

(01-11-2022, 12:20 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I wonder if this opens the door for Danny at Mercedes?

This is what I'm reading elsewhere.

Not sure if a driver as experienced as DR should be stepping back into a reserve driver role? I don't see him easily getting a race seat if Lewis Hamilton does (as has been hinted at) sign a long contract with Mercedes. Personally I think Dan's time is up.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post