Aston Martin

Fernando Alonso to Red Bull 'non-starter' as Craig Slater expects Aston Martin stay.

"My understanding is that is a non-starter, it is not going to happen.

"As much as they admire Alonso and what he can do, he is not above Ricciardo, as far as I understand it, as an option to drive for that team next year.

"This is not coming officially from the team but it is not going to happen.

"Some senior and well-placed people have told me that maybe Alonso's management have been doing their due diligence again and assessing whether there are any better options for him next year.

"Perhaps that has been inflated into a 'he is going to take Perez's seat rather than Ricciardo'."

So, if it's not Red Bull, what about retirement?

"Is he so pessimistic about Aston next year that he might not carry on?" Slater added of Alonso, 42.

"The appetite for Aston Martin to carry on with Alonso is still pretty strong and I think it is most likely that he carries on with Aston Martin."

Awww would have been fun, couldn't really see the Helmet or short spice putting another driver in their car that could challenge Max,
this seems to confirm it.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Perhaps a Spanish speaking line up at Aston might be on the cards - Perez returning to his old team?
[+] 4 users Like Westie's post

In the upcoming F1 2024 season, Fernando Alonso and Lance Stroll are set to race under the banner of the Aston Martin Aramco Formula 1, with Cognizant no longer title sponsors for the team.

The announcement states that a five-year contract extension with Saudi Arabian oil powerhouse, Aramco, has been struck.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(14-12-2023, 05:06 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  In the upcoming F1 2024 season, Fernando Alonso and Lance Stroll 

WTF?....Stroll-along isnt getting his p45???

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Look's like Aston might have found something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post