2020 Emilia Romagna GP

I'm in chat

Not a great race but enjoyable nonetheless.

Congratulations Mercedes AMG F1 team on 7 constructors titles (on the bounce).
[+] 6 users Like morini's post

(01-11-2020, 03:07 PM)morini Wrote:  Not a great race but enjoyable nonetheless.

Congratulations Mercedes AMG F1 team on 7 constructors titles (on the bounce).

Holy Hell thats a BIG piece of debris for Bottas to carry[attachment=1643]!

Vettel strikes again I guess Smile
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(01-11-2020, 03:52 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Holy Hell thats a BIG piece of debris for Bottas to carry!

No wonder he was slow!

Several records extended today and one matched. Obviously the number of race wins moves up to 93 but the record for GP's and circuits won at also move forward by one. Hamilton matches Michael Schumacher's record for wins with one the same constructor.

[+] 5 users Like morini's post

Just watched the race (on my new 4K screen, looks great!). Not a classic and I would not miss this track at all.

Hamilton did great, again. Got lucky with first VS but still did very well.
Verstappen did great also. Such a bad luck for him though. He did not deserve that, but sometimes that is how it goes (was surprised that this was already his fourth DNF this year).

For the rest, not much to tell. Leclerc stood out. Kvyat was a surprise (wonder what Gasly would have done if he did not had to box). Perez, got lucky to jump a lot of positions with his first pitstop, lost it again with the last pitstop. Seems about right.
And Albon. Please, Red Bull, get that kid out of the car NOW! He wasn't impressive from the beginning, started to be really disappointing when he jumped to Red Bull but now it is just painful to watch. He is not fast enough, can't fight on track and makes mistakes one after another. Put Gasly or Hulkenberg in that car and send Albon out of F1 for all I care.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

Congrats to Mercedes, 7 on the trot....outstanding achievement!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-11-2020, 09:04 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Congrats to Mercedes, 7 on the trot....outstanding achievement!

Good to see Ferrari improving Leclerc has been great last two races. You cannot count Seb he checked out many races ago.  Looking better than at the start of the year Forza.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(01-11-2020, 10:25 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Good to see Ferrari improving Leclerc has been great last two races. You cannot count Seb he checked out many races ago.  Looking better than at the start of the year Forza.

Indeed Neil, we are now slightly less shit than we were early in the season, with some decent drives by Charlieboy and a healthy dose of luck we are now up to 6th in the championship.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(01-11-2020, 11:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Indeed Neil, we are now slightly less shit than we were early in the season, with some decent drives by Charlieboy and a healthy dose of luck we are now up to 6th in the championship.

I'm sure Ferrari will be winning races again. Maybe not next season but when the rules change they will be back up there. When they get the car somewhere decent they have two great drivers to work with. Carlos Sainz is much, much better that people credit him for and if he and Charles work as a team they will be a force.

Best pairing on the grid? Quite possibly.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

I hear a lot that Mark Hughes is a respected observer / commentator but I'm not so sure I agree, he really should have kept this one to himself

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...zJZRa.html

Contrived nonsense straight out of the "if, but, if only" book. He's basically saying Verstappen could have won that race by two stopping. Nonsense, he'd never have made the time delta to Hamilton, once he was out front that was it baring incidents.

Blotted his copy book there somewhat I feel. Not The first time he's written sensationalist articles either.

Video of Verstappen's tyre blow out. Speculation from Pirelli was debris but I don't think that has been confirmed

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...0rxCG.html
[+] 2 users Like morini's post