2020 Portuguese GP

Very sloppy incident there by both drivers, unecessary I think more for Max on first look

(23-10-2020, 04:07 PM)morini Wrote:  Nice clean Friday for Valtteri but pretty messy for Lewis and Max. Advantage VB, I'm tipping him for pole and win this weekend. He looks on it and determined.

50/50 incident, but Max could have avoided that. Has himself to blame for that one.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 2 users Like The Professor's post

(23-10-2020, 04:12 PM)The Professor Wrote:  50/50 incident, but Max could have avoided that. Has himself to blame for that one.

I would tend to agree.

Getting pretty tired of his radio rants as well. Comes across badly.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Forget his qualifications as a Steward his comment about Gays shows utter ignorance of the man." Will they go out with a rainbow flag and urge everyone else to become gay or something?" Have any of you guys ever been URGED to be gay!!!!!!!!

To me F1 needs a board of stewards that do each and every race together, not a fan of rotation. That way they get a better feel for the whole show, individual drivers behaviour etc, etc.

Living in the States as I do, I have a very different view of BLM. The utter desperation and frustration of many Black communities is well beyond breaking point its no surprise to me what is going on right now and as a human being I fully support it. Racism is unacceptable in either direction in my personal view. Hamilton is using his fame to what he sees (and I agree) as a very worthwhile issue.

As for Petrovs views he is perfectly entitled to them and it should NOT affect his judgement but then when you follow it up with his ignorance its a silly move by F1 in my view.

Thats a 50/50 issue again we are seeing Max's weak points. Its practice was it worth risking the car!!!!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(23-10-2020, 04:14 PM)NeilP Wrote:  .
As for Petrovs views he is perfectly entitled to them and it should NOT affect his judgement but then when you follow it up with his ignorance its a silly move by F1 in my view.

Russia isn't exactly inclusive as a society. Very anti minority and that has no doubt shaped Petrovs views. That wasn't my point though, if any driver is concerned by the impartiality of a steward they are within their rights to question it.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 3 users Like The Professor's post

(23-10-2020, 04:22 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 04:14 PM)NeilP Wrote:  

Russia isn't exactly inclusive as a society. Very anti minority and that has no doubt shaped Petrovs views. That wasn't my point though, if any driver is concerned by the impartiality of a steward they are within their rights to question it.

I absolutely agree Alain

Not loving the pit exit location, its all very well to discuss the pit wall management in practice but the race will be a whole new ballgame.
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

(23-10-2020, 04:14 PM)"  Have any of you guys ever been URGED to be gay “ Wrote:  

Several times Neil   Big Grin  Not sure if it was my bloody good looks or the mankini I was sporting in Canal st in Manchester??
[+] 2 users Like Beano's post

(23-10-2020, 11:53 AM)The Professor Wrote:  Sorry, but I disagree with you both on this one. Private views are one thing but Petrov said this stuff out to n the open in the media and Hamilton was right to point it out. As to the comment that a driver shouldn't be able to influence who is on the steward panel, well I agree to a point but using Petrov risks his decisions being questioned. I would not advocate any driver picking the names on the stewards panel but equally I think it is valid for any driver to say "this guy shouldn't be there as he might not be impartial, please swap him for someone else".

By the way, it doesn't matter who the two divers are or what was said. The fact these guys have disagreed in public makes Petrov a bad choice IMO.

Personal view is that i would agree with the Prof on this one. In my view it was Petrov who voted himself out by stating a view in public about something that he knows is a controversial topic with at least one of the drivers and potentially against the stated aims of the F1 organisation. 

By doing this he has shown that he isn't as "professionally unbiased" as needed and so should not be accepted as a Steward to keep those aspects and views to himself (which he should if he wants to be a steward).

I would say the same about any bias towards any person or personality trait. Someone with professional integrity would step down once they recognised there was a perceived conflict.

PS I will now wait with baited breath until Grosjean becomes a safety representative for FIA - one might argue he has lots of experience in the topic of unsafe driving....
[+] 3 users Like PaddyB's post

You expect team managers to support their drivers but according to Horners comments if it was a race Stroll should have let Verstappen through because he had the inside line... LMAO!!! I have to say I am in the opposite corner if that was a race Verstappen should be penalized not Stroll. As it is let it go. However that does not hide the fact Max still is not learning what it takes to be a Champion.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(23-10-2020, 04:45 PM)PaddyB Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 11:53 AM)The Professor Wrote:  Sorry, but I disagree with you both on this one. Private views are one thing but Petrov said this stuff out to n the open in the media and Hamilton was right to point it out. As to the comment that a driver shouldn't be able to influence who is on the steward panel, well I agree to a point but using Petrov risks his decisions being questioned. I would not advocate any driver picking the names on the stewards panel but equally I think it is valid for any driver to say "this guy shouldn't be there as he might not be impartial, please swap him for someone else".

By the way, it doesn't matter who the two divers are or what was said. The fact these guys have disagreed in public makes Petrov a bad choice IMO.

Personal view is that i would agree with the Prof on this one. In my view it was Petrov who voted himself out by stating a view in public about something that he knows is a controversial topic with at least one of the drivers and potentially against the stated aims of the F1 organisation. 

By doing this he has shown that he isn't as "professionally unbiased" as needed and so should not be accepted as a Steward to keep those aspects and views to himself (which he should if he wants to be a steward).

I would say the same about any bias towards any person or personality trait. Someone with professional integrity would step down once they recognised there was a perceived conflict.

PS I will now wait with baited breath until Grosjean becomes a safety representative for FIA - one might argue he has lots of experience in the topic of unsafe driving....

Here’s a question? How far do they take this? I mean look at Petronas owned by Saudis who have one of the “WORST” human rights records they criminalise being gay among many other things? So does F1 get rid of them for what a state thinks and that it doesn’t fit what they are currently promoting? I think Petrov was stupid making the comment and used probably the worst example. Does this stop him doing his job? As much as his views disgust many people they are his views but let’s not cloud whether he can do a professional job. Not defending his dumb statement but it would be very unfair to suggest he cannot be a steward. The two things are separate imo.