2020 Portuguese GP

(23-10-2020, 10:47 AM)Beano Wrote:  This is apparently aimed at his personal views in the interview not his stewarding credentials. Stewards also run on a rota basis I think.

The very fact that Petrov and Hamilton have (publicly expressed) opposing views on the cause F1 has chosen to back is enough to bar Petrov from adjudicating on driver behaviour at an F1 race. Regardless of who's "side" you may be on with respect to the views on knee bending, shirts etc, the fact they disagree could affect desision making during the weekend. Like I said there are many other better qualified people they could employ.

Impartiality is the key factor here. If Petrovs opposing views do not affect his impartiality then fair enough. But better to take that element of doubt out of the equation.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post

(23-10-2020, 11:10 AM)The Professor Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 10:47 AM)Beano Wrote:  This is apparently aimed at his personal views in the interview not his stewarding credentials. Stewards also run on a rota basis I think.

The very fact that Petrov and Hamilton have (publicly expressed) opposing views on the cause F1 has chosen to back is enough to bar Petrov from adjudicating on driver behaviour at an F1 race. Regardless of who's "side" you may be on with respect to the views on knee bending, shirts etc, the fact they disagree could affect desision making during the weekend. Like I said there are many other better qualified people they could employ.

Impartiality is the key factor here. If Petrovs opposing views do not affect his impartiality then fair enough. But better to take that element of doubt out of the equation.

The FIA will cite (I imagine) personal beliefs/views are not what part of what constitutes a decision on the racetrack being made. I would expect anybody stewarding to be professional in their role, I would expect that of ALL employees within F1 be it in the car out of the car or within the organisation. Also the stewarding decisions are not singular they are group based are they not? You could also say if Lewis could influence “who and who should not” sit on the stewarding group would be detrimental to F1 based on his beliefs/opinions or pushing an agenda.

Anyway it’s practise time this is the main effort, hopefully we will have a good weekend throughout

Anyone noticed how similar this track is to Catalunya? I wonder if the designer is the same person?

(23-10-2020, 11:23 AM)Beano Wrote:  
(23-10-2020, 11:10 AM)The Professor Wrote:  

The FIA will cite (I imagine) personal beliefs/views are not what part of what constitutes a decision on the racetrack being made. I would expect anybody stewarding to be professional in their role, I would expect that of ALL employees within F1 be it in the car out of the car or within the organisation. Also the stewarding decisions are not singular they are group based are they not? You could also say if Lewis could influence “who and who should not” sit on the stewarding group would be detrimental to F1 based on his beliefs/opinions or pushing an agenda.

Anyway it’s practise time this is the main effort, hopefully we will have a good weekend throughout

Anyone noticed how similar this track is to Catalunya? I wonder if the designer is the same person?

I agree with Beano. It is even silly that this is a subject at all. Who knows what opinions all other people that have influence have (and that are not publicly about it).

This is also again a reason why I don't like politics in sport. It clouds the sport completely. Keep politics and religion out of the sport. And an extra tip for Hamilton besides the politics and religion crap; don't judge people in media and especially not a FIA member.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Sorry, but I disagree with you both on this one. Private views are one thing but Petrov said this stuff out to n the open in the media and Hamilton was right to point it out. As to the comment that a driver shouldn't be able to influence who is on the steward panel, well I agree to a point but using Petrov risks his decisions being questioned. I would not advocate any driver picking the names on the stewards panel but equally I think it is valid for any driver to say "this guy shouldn't be there as he might not be impartial, please swap him for someone else".

By the way, it doesn't matter who the two divers are or what was said. The fact these guys have disagreed in public makes Petrov a bad choice IMO.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 4 users Like The Professor's post

Lots of smoke out of the back of Max's car there. Hope he doesn't have engine problems.

(23-10-2020, 12:02 PM)morini Wrote:  Lots of smoke out of the back of Max's car there. Hope he doesn't have engine problems.

Stroll complaint about oil on track. Perhaps the overfilled Max car?

[+] 1 user Likes The Professor's post

Might be some moisture around on race day. We can only hope.

[+] 2 users Like morini's post

What's this..... an outbreak of common sense in F1.....the white lines determine track limits.....   Surprised

Who would have thunk it    Shutup    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Just watched the first practice, getting my first look at this track. Must admit, looking quite interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

Nice clean Friday for Valtteri but pretty messy for Lewis and Max. Advantage VB, I'm tipping him for pole and win this weekend. He looks on it and determined.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post